Are tractor supply chicks healthy?

frow.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
frow.gif

Welcome to BYC!!! The community on here is HUGE and all of the members are wonderful…so if you have ANY questions…just ASK!!!

Hope you have loads of fun and all your answers answered here on BYC the BEST CHICKEN KEEPING FORUM on EARTH!
Emmm, no not really!! I have only ever bought chickens from the neighbours, and once from a pet store! The rest come from my own flock!

Here are some helpful links to help you get around BYC

Going here, will help you get around BYC!!! Has loads of info on how to get around the site!

How to insert pictures on BYC!!!!

frow.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
frow.gif

Does anybody have expirience with tractor supply chicks? Are they healthy? Reviews?

Right now I am very upset with TSC. I have never gotten any livestock from them before. My chicks have either come from neighboring hatches, my own birds or hatcheries.
My husband wanted to try bantams so we brought home six assorted bantams yesterday.. They looked fine, but we had been told they were supposed to have arrived Monday but they came in Wednesday, just before we picked them up. Perhaps I should have been suspicious when the clerk suggested we get probiotics and electrolytes for their water since they had just come in.
We came home and they were put in my EcoGlow Brinsea 20 brooder. Until this point, I have never lost a chick in the brooder. Perhaps because they were bantams, I don't know but in 24 hours 3 have died and two more don't look so great. They don't have pasty butt or sneezing or coughing or a discharge. They just die.
Anyone have any ideas or know what TSC's guarantee on chickens is?

Welcome to BYC!!
welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us!! I got pullets from from tractor supply and although they did seem a bit tuckered out the first day, (which I TOTALLY expected, since they'd just been shipped in that day to the feed store and had been born just the day before!!!) they perked up the second day and were up and running around!!!
wee.gif

HI ! I'm Sorry about Your Chicks . Yesterday My Daugther -in -Law went to Tractor Supply and got 6 Bantams .Then Called and ask" IF She could put Them in My Coop." I told Her it's to cold and that My Chicken's will Kill Them.She has Cats and Works all day .....so She Gave Them to Me to raise for Her.! She lives about 45 minutes from Me . I told Her She Needed Starter and Grower and some Sav-A-Chick' . She came with Chicks and all . When She opened the box the Chicks were almost gone . They were Cold and Thirsty . I put them on Paper Towels on My Heat Pad and started giving Them some SAv-A Chick. In no time at all All 6 were happy and chirping
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
. by the way 1 had a pasty butt ,but that was took care of. Today They are all fine. The Chicks She got came from Town line Poultry in Michigan and We live in Eastern Ky. Ask where the Chicks came from. Stress is a major Thing with Baby Chicks. Call You Tractor Supply . Some Stores will replace Them if They die in a day or Two . I got Chicks from Tractor Supply last year and They are all producing Large White Eggs. Again I'm Sorry about Your Chicks .
hit.gif
Hope You better luck next time.

Following!
I am looking online and see that you can order chicks through tractor supply in many different breeds. Shipping is rolled into the price of the birds so there isn't an additional cost (but they only come in sets of 10). I'm debating getting them since I could get 10 EE sexed chicks for $35 or a mix of 6 (my choice of course) from Meyer hatchery for $25-30 PLUS over $40 in shipping costs.

Back
Top Bottom