Do ducks have a good memory?

ducklover101202

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 25, 2010
I hatched 3 duck eggs into 3 healthy little ducklings. I am going to be raising them for a month which is about the time it takes for them to grow up,right? Doesn't it take 30 days to grow up? Anyway, well, after a month we have to give them to a farm. The farm is right near us so we would be able to visit them. I was just wondering, do you think the ducks will remember me? They are going to be with other ducks that look like them so I wouldn't know which ones are mine. Do ducks have a good memory of who their owner is or who raised them? I want them to be able to remember me when I visit. I don't think they would run to the fence to greet me, unless they do have a good memory like that, do they?

I havent had the opportinity to visit any of the ducks I have ever rehomed - But I often drive past a farm where I took a goose over 18 months ago. We always slow down as we pass and if goose is in the right paddock she will come running over to the fence- Sometimes we will stop and talk to her as well as if we are there long enough she does come right up to the fence to say hello. We like to think that she does remember us.

I'm not for sure how long a ducks memory is. But I did raise six ducks since they were a day old. When they were about seven weeks old we realized that they pooped too much! So, I gave away four of them.
sad.png
They are about 2 hours away from my home. Today, we were around that area and thought we would see them for a while. And the minute I walked to the pond the came right up to me! So, I think a duck can remember a lot. Also, a duck is an adult at eight weeks old.

Hope this helps,
smile.png

Rachelle

Back
Top Bottom