MetroMutt

Songster
Mar 9, 2021
NJ
Ok was wondering if anyone had good food suggestions that we can buy on Chewy, we currently use the dumor brand but we dont like supporting tractor supply and its a bit far from us since we are in a suburban area/the only one with any type of "farm" animal in atleast 10-20 miles. We are currently looking for a good feed replacement we can get on Chewy.com as we get most of our pet food there already; They seem to have alot of good foods but I dont know which ones are actually good for them.

I have 4 hens who all lay a egg daily, currently we have them on mostly the layer crumbles I believe(just slightly broken up pellets p much) with some scratch for enrichment, we also give them veggies/fruit 3-4 times a week and let them free range the yard atleast 2 hours a day with supervision. They get lots of grass and worms.

If anyone has good experiences with any of the brands they have please let me know! Thank you!! ❤️

(any brand we get we would get small bags first to make sure the girls like it)

1st off, list which ones you are looking at and put in a link....don't make people go looking for you. Sorry that sounds snotty but there are 8 pages of feed.
2nd, take that list you want and do a search on those bags on here. Most brands have been talked about.

I did go and look a little but really I can't be bothered when I see the prices.

Even in Suburbia there are stores like Agway and small feed/nursery centers that carry chicken feed.

Someone on here has a thread on posting feed labels. Good info there.

I thought dumour was TSC label, no ?

Anyway, like I said, make a list and just read on here about the feeds people use. Most use TSC for the convenience and some feeds are o ly sold in the midwest.
Chewys prices are going to be absurd due to shipping.

P.S. I drive 40 miles to a LOCAL small owner feed store in the next state from me so I can get locally made Organic feed.
10 miles is nothing

1st off, list which ones you are looking at and put in a link....don't make people go looking for you. Sorry that sounds snotty but there are 8 pages of feed.
2nd, take that list you want and do a search on those bags on here. Most brands have been talked about.

I did go and look a little but really I can't be bothered when I see the prices.

Even in Suburbia there are stores like Agway and small feed/nursery centers that carry chicken feed.

Anyway, like I said, make a list and just read on here about the feeds people use. Most use TSC for the convenience and some feeds are o ly sold in the midwest.

P.S. I drive 40 miles to a LOCAL small owner feed store in the next state from me so I can get locally made Organic feed.
10 miles is nothing
Ok, thank you. And with the 10 mile thing I dont have a car and my mom is stingy about going places even when we need things badly which is the main issue with it (plus im not sure how far it is exactly)

10 miles is nothing
And this was mainly as a "if anyone uses chewy for it and has suggests the brand they ise" type of thing

I've ordered different formulas of Kalmbach from chewy; I think it's a good quality feed, and more importantly, the chickens really liked it! The one I purchased most often was https://www.chewy.com/kalmbach-feeds-all-natural-16-protein/dp/170373 Just know that some of their formulas use a spice/oil blend that has a strong fragrance to it, my chickens didn't like those as much. I also tried Bluebonnet Feeds & hated it - too much molasses for my birds.

I've ordered different formulas of Kalmbach from chewy; I think it's a good quality feed, and more importantly, the chickens really liked it! The one I purchased most often was https://www.chewy.com/kalmbach-feeds-all-natural-16-protein/dp/170373 Just know that some of their formulas use a spice/oil blend that has a strong fragrance to it, my chickens didn't like those as much. I also tried Bluebonnet Feeds & hated it - too much molasses for my birds.
Thank you! <3 Ill check it out!

I 2nd any type of Kalmbach. I am presently using Full Plume & Feathering 20% layer feed. I have used many Kalmbach feeds & the chickens & I have found it to be a very good feed.

Back
Top Bottom