New member introductions

Hiya, and welcome to BYC!! :frow

Had you tried to treat your house chicken for wry neck? Just curious as sometimes vitamin therapy can help.
I had a chicken with wry neck late last summer. I believe hers was caused by an injury rather than nutrient deficiency. I ended up treating her with liquid vitamin B, rooster booster, pedialyte and uncooked eggs whites via dropper. It took several months for her to recover sufficiently to eat on her own. As I said, I believe her condition was caused by injury so she's never quite returned to normal. She's become my little challenged house chicken. She surprised me with five eggs over the course of a week and a half a few months ago...so she seems healthy enough.

I had a chicken with wry neck late last summer. I believe hers was caused by an injury rather than nutrient deficiency. I ended up treating her with liquid vitamin B, rooster booster, pedialyte and uncooked eggs whites via dropper. It took several months for her to recover sufficiently to eat on her own. As I said, I believe her condition was caused by injury so she's never quite returned to normal. She's become my little challenged house chicken. She surprised me with five eggs over the course of a week and a half a few months ago...so she seems healthy enough.
The other thing that can help is Vit. E, like your own soft gels around 400 i.u. You can put one in her mouth and make sure she swallows it whole as it's pretty nasty if it breaks open. They eat all kinds of larger things like snakes and mice so it's no problem. Then some scrambled eggs as she'll need the Selenium in those to help the Vitamin E absorb.

I would try this for about two weeks to see if there is any change at all. It just might help!

Back
Top Bottom