Porcelain color

Gilda, do you want me to remove the word "Porcelain" from the pics? Let me know, I can do it Thursday (out of town tomorrow). I don't want to make anybody uncomfortable.
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
The last one does not look to be porcelain--the red should be very dilute, and it is not. Very pretty bird, though.

Hey Sonoran, yours are gorgeous, how about posting pics of your Porcelains here?

Stephanie,

I am so confused.
What porcelain silkie won BV at the Delmarva show?
Isn't Pompaor's silkie pic from the Delmarva show?

I assumed she was at the Delmarva Show since you posted she won BV.
And what is wrong with the name? Isn't it a porcelain silkie?
Why was George's Porcelain with his garage in the background posted and not his picture from the show?
Were his silkies at the show?

I'm pretty sure Pompadour Silkies' Porcelain pullet won BV as well as first place. April had a beautiful one at the show too (yes, Delmarva). M@M@2Four had a nice Porcelain cockerel there too. I didn't get a pic of him (wish I had). George wasn't there, he doesn't travel this far. But I put up his pic so the OP and others could get an idea of what Porcelain looks like. I'm glad I got to see some beautiful Porcelains up close.
smile.png

Yes. Brendapa Pompadour silkies porcelain won BV at Delaware. How do I know? Im pompadour silkies. LOL. I took a splash pullet also took BV, partridge pullet went second and she was in complete molt mode, and my son took best featherleg. He had a good day he also won showmanship.

oh and yes its porcelain by silkies standards but not by APA standards. The correct make up of porcelain is a mille fleur with lavender dosing.

Quote:
It's a shame that they didn't have a trophy for class champions for the kids. I'm sure Cole would have liked to get something for his birds win, like Brody's 3 that he got for the his' birds group wins.( He has a goal to cover his bedroom wall with plaques, it's almost done finished) Most shows only have a trophy for the larger group champions. I think the kids feel left out sometimes.But we have that covered at the Susquehanna Show for the kids. All the class champions will be getting Medals. I think it is important for the kids to get things for their birds, that is the only way to get them to stay with the hobby. Adults only look at a trophy as a dust collector, I know I have a closet full of them.lol

Back
Top Bottom