Broody-Trudy is just finished her 17th day!
she comes out twice a day to run around-flap wings-fly a bit- take a quick drink- speedy snack- fast preen, and run back in!
her legs and feet are not as orange as they used to be, her lobes which used to be huge are very small now, but she acts fine. I wanted to catch her and weigh her, but I think she’ll be so angry and upset about it that It might not be worth trying.
She sounds like she is doing everything normal and will make a great Momma Goose. I am so happy that she is doing well.

Disclaimer: I have no experience with Geese!

I don't know if geese like cabbage. If they do, get a cabbage head and shred a piece of it into Trudy bill-sized pieces and offer that to her. Cabbage contains a ton of nutrients and anthocyanin which is responsible for the birds orange bills, feet and legs. In fact it is the anthocyanin which colors the egg yolks so deep yellow-orange.
I know that grown up geese are strict vegetarians, so i don't know how to get some protein into Trudy, maybe some canned peas? Do geese like peas? - I hate peas but i am not a goose… 😉

Finally: Can you make a Video of Trudy running around? - I have seen plenty of broody ducks, but never a broody goose! Thank you very much in advance!
I always thought you were supposed to use frozen peas thawed because of the salt content in the canned. My ducks won't touch them anyhow, just curious as I did try both types before and they just turned up their bills to them, lol.

full
What do you mean?
Won't let me tag him, but, Duluthraphie @duluthraphie was one of the originals here preaching the inevitiable take over of the Dux..

Back
Top Bottom