I think a better ratio for male to female is about 1:6 without problems but you might get lucky.
Okay, we are going to let the 2 pekin drakes go. We have really enjoyed having them, but they do not fit in the end goal. Plus when it comes to egg hatching time, it'll be easier with the "who done it" guesses.

i have my quail hutch in my duck house works great
That's awesome, and just what I hoped you'd say. I've got to much going to jump in to quail too at the moment, but nothing says in a few months things won't change.

Do you have a thread with your coop posted in that I may be able to look at?

So it looks like the quacks like half dead fennel. I've still not got the tub pond finished so im blowing this pool up for it to only hold air for 15 minutes. Talk about a pain in the rear, and motivation to get the pound finished. The middle thing has a large hole and the top/bottom rings have slow leaks. Placing the peat, and rocks behind the pool has stopped it from wanting to roll, but it sure doesn't make it hold air!
20190530_133745.jpg

Took a few pics in the garden this morning.

• Bowling Red Okra
20190531_070736.jpg
20190531_070742.jpg

• Orangelo Watermelon
20190531_070507.jpg

• Asian Golden Crispy Melon with a Purple Hull Pink Eye bean
20190531_070520.jpg

• Purple Dove semi'bush beans
20190531_070411.jpg
20190531_070433.jpg

• Giant Curled Mustards
20190531_070444.jpg

Besides working on the pond, the main goals today are to get supplies for building the coop, transplanting ~35 moringa trees, and hyperventilating into the inflatable pool 4-5 more times...

Have a good one y'all.

Hey trim, thought I'd drop by and hang around for a bit...:pop Can't believe you're already four pages in...
Hey there bud, thanks for hanging out! What had happened with the 4 pages is... um... Well, I've been told I have a lot to say. ;)

You know, being a stay-at-home dad to two young boys, I tend to miss adult conversation at times. I love doing it, but at 5, my oldest is not the best for discussions on soil biology (yet, I'm working on it :)). Which by the way, I'm always open to discuss soil, no-till, organic gardening and so on. I'm a genetic junky too when it comes to seeds, reproducing/preserving, and breeding plants.
:celebrate:wee:celebrate

So it looks like the quacks like half dead fennel. I've still not got the tub pond finished so im blowing this pool up for it to only hold air for 15 minutes. Talk about a pain in the rear, and motivation to get the pound finished. The middle thing has a large hole and the top/bottom rings have slow leaks. Placing the peat, and rocks behind the pool has stopped it from wanting to roll, but it sure doesn't make it hold air!
View attachment 1796161

Took a few pics in the garden this morning.

• Bowling Red Okra
View attachment 1796168 View attachment 1796167

• Orangelo Watermelon
View attachment 1796171

• Asian Golden Crispy Melon with a Purple Hull Pink Eye bean
View attachment 1796169

• Purple Dove semi'bush beans
View attachment 1796170 View attachment 1796173

• Giant Curled Mustards
View attachment 1796174

Besides working on the pond, the main goals today are to get supplies for building the coop, transplanting ~35 moringa trees, and hyperventilating into the inflatable pool 4-5 more times...

Have a good one y'all.
go to Walmart and get one of those hard plastic pools for under $10! No more hyperventilating!

You could always go to Walmart and buy a hard Plastic kiddy pool
go to Walmart and get one of those hard plastic pools
That's where I got the inflatable pool. Our local store didn't have any hard plastic ones. What kind of Wallymart does that!? They seriously had about 30 different varieties of inflatable ones though, it was a bit brain racking .

I'll be on the other side of town today and go hit a different location. See what I can find.

Back
Top Bottom