🤔:lau :oops:

BFD99B5E-8DB6-4D21-ACAC-F7D2B972A067.png

So... I have three chocolate mottled orpington babies that I hatched from Woodfield farms eggs a few months ago. Three hatched - well four, but one didn't make it. Anyway, I have these three juveniles. I'm almost 100% sure that they're all roos. Orpingtons can be hard to sex until they crow or lay an egg sometimes, so I was really hoping that maybe ONE was a pullet.

I heard the first one crow today. I heard this weird sound and thought some animal was dying in the woods, so I walk over there and all of the chickens are laying under some trees. As I get closer I realize the three potential roos are hanging out in that area - it was one of them. None of them will blab on which one was the songster. Turds. 😒

So... I have three chocolate mottled orpington babies that I hatched from Woodfield farms eggs a few months ago. Three hatched - well four, but one didn't make it. Anyway, I have these three juveniles. I'm almost 100% sure that they're all roos. Orpingtons can be hard to sex until they crow or lay an egg sometimes, so I was really hoping that maybe ONE was a pullet.

I heard the first one crow today. I heard this weird sound and thought some animal was dying in the woods, so I walk over there and all of the chickens are laying under some trees. As I get closer I realize the three potential roos are hanging out in that area - it was one of them. None of them will blab on which one was the songster. Turds. 😒

Oh no!! I hope you at least get some girls!! :fl

I know the feeling of getting all boys and/or terrible ratios though! My Thanksgiving hatch I literally got 8/9 boys. :( only one girl out of the whole hatch! :rolleyes:

Like you, I thought I had more girls since I had a few hard to sex ones, and thought I could potentially have 2-4 girls at least and was getting excited because at least that’d be better than 1 but NOPE. All boys except one. :hit :rolleyes:

I wanted to keep all the girls too. Instead, I’m now keeping all the boys. :lau :th

Lost 2 of them but still have 6 plus the girl. Just keeping everybody for now.

But I literally got a 90% cockerel rate. :th

I was expecting and prepared for 50/50, hell even 75%, but not 90. :th

Oh no!! I hope you at least get some girls!! :fl

I know the feeling of getting all boys and/or terrible ratios though! My Thanksgiving hatch I literally got 8/9 boys. :( only one girl out of the whole hatch! :rolleyes:

Like you, I thought I had more girls since I had a few hard to sex ones, and thought I could potentially have 2-4 girls at least and was getting excited because at least that’d be better than 1 but NOPE. All boys except one. :hit :rolleyes:

I wanted to keep all the girls too. Instead, I’m now keeping all the boys. :lau :th

Lost 2 of them but still have 6 plus the girl. Just keeping everybody for now.

But I literally got a 90% cockerel rate. :th

I was expecting and prepared for 50/50, hell even 75%, but not 90. :th
Ouch. I feel your pain there. I’d say at least you got one girl but if you were wanting to keep them all then what a horrible ratio ha

Back
Top Bottom