Morning sunshines!! Happy time change!! 😴😴😴
Weather is supposed to cooperate today so I've got a lot of outdoor things I'm going to try to get done! 😁
Top of the morning y'all! I need to get some lumber and screws today. It's time to move the pin to the backyard for assembly too. The idea is to have 3 modular pieces so I can actually break it down and move it. There is a 8x12 concrete slab the the pin will be placed on.
Morning all!

@Trimurtisan your breeding plan sounds cool! Are you still going to breed the gold laced orpingtons? 😍 😍
:frow Good morning folks, have a great day

I think the duck shack should be just about complete today. Our farm builder guy is coming over tomorrow to see about expanding our hardware cloth area around the duck shack and a few other projects that we'd like to have done. Our son's little egg selling business has suddenly taken off with word getting around his school. We now have a waiting list for eggs. 😳 So we're going to see about expanding our chicken coop so we can accommodate some more laying hens. If I could get something together before the lake county fair, maybe I can go and purchase a couple of hens to get our order situation under control.
Oh darn...we need more chickens to keep up with the egg business!! 😂😉 Love it!!!

Okay, there is a plan. Y'all know my plans are in a constant state of motion. "They" say when the zombie apocalypse comes its won't be the strong who trudge through. Wont be the smart ones who think of a great plans that make it. It'll be the ones who can adapt to their new circumstances in life who thrive... If that's true I should be pretty good with zombies. ;)

So here's the plan. Stare at this and forget everything else.
View attachment 2045427

Did it work?

Alright, now that I have a frizzle fella, I can't use the frizzle girl. That puts me down to two d'Uccle girls. I'd like to have 4-6 girls for Sir Frizz. I can get more d'Uccle eggs, but not chicks. I actually can't find any bantams locally is even want to use. I want unique features, so Seramas/Silkies/Cochin (females) are a no go.

I've had a chat with the seller and they said their boys top out at 2 lbs, and are full bantam. I guess taking a bantam Polish to a LF Polish is kind of common. :confused: Reading descriptions, there where a few people mention "NOT bantam x LF." :idunno They made sure to let me know they bred true for size. So there's that... If I win and hatch frizzle girls, they'll join the bantam flock.

Here's a couple of the sellers pictures...
View attachment 2045428View attachment 2045429
I loved these!

I loved these!
Me too. Thre seller had turned out to be verry nice too. I was the only bidder at $22 till the last 6 hours, then a bidding war started...:he Ouffh, I don't even want to mention what the bid is right now...

The seller though, noticed the bidding war, and wrote me a message. It was actually very suprising, and delightful. Their are some decent people outside of the Quack Shack. ;)
Screenshot_20200308-153900_eBay.jpg

@Pyxis I could use your smartness please.

giphy.gif

Lets say I where to hatch a frizzle cockerel from the Polish eggs, and he went in the breeding pin. Since the Cochin is barred am I right in assuming I could tell at hatch who the father is?

Khaki Polish should throw solid dun chicks.
Cochin should throw black & dun barred chicks.

Yesssss! I found a place that has silver laced Orpington chicks, so if we end up expanding the coop, I’m going to get some of those and then wait for your gold laced babies/eggs to come available 😍
Do you want a jubilee Eng Orp cockerel? There is someone in the FL thread trying to rehome one. Would go great with your blue jubilee girl. ;)

Back
Top Bottom