Ugh, just finished digging the birds out. Runs are snow-blowed, coops are cleaned off, and I am cold.
I have to do that with the duck house urgently! - But before it can be done, i must move the 6 month old compost into next year's sweat-potato raised-bed, move the three month old compost to the place where the six month old is right now and repair the poop-door of the duck-house…
Did i mention that i have to build next year's sweet-potato raised-bed first first?
:barnie

Hi friends, i am not sure if my math is correct: Now that my ducks have discovered the pond and like to hang out there i would like to build a floating platform for them. I figured out that those plastic juice-bottles are a perfect fit for one of the old pallets i have sitting on my work-platform:
1608432357185.png
As you can see, 24 of those bottles will fit under the palette. One bottle contains 1.9 liters of air, so all of them together will contain 45.6 liters.
How much weight will the floating platform be able to support?
Is my assumption correct, that one liter of air will support ~1Kg in the water?
My thinking: One liter of air displaces one liter of water which weights about one Kilogram
With the pallet's weight of about 15 Kilograms that whole thing should keep roughly 30 Kilograms of Duck afloat, right?

Hi friends, i am not sure if my math is correct: Now that my ducks have discovered the pond and like to hang out there i would like to build a floating platform for them. I figured out that those plastic juice-bottles are a perfect fit for one of the old pallets i have sitting on my work-platform:
As you can see, 24 of those bottles will fit under the palette. One bottle contains 1.9 liters of air, so all of them together will contain 45.6 liters.
How much weight will the floating platform be able to support?
Is my assumption correct, that one liter of air will support ~1Kg in the water?
My thinking: One liter of air displaces one liter of water which weights about one Kilogram
With the pallet's weight of about 15 Kilograms that whole thing should keep roughly 30 Kilograms of Duck afloat, right?
Could be...

Back
Top Bottom