Hey y'all! How are things quacking in the quack shack?
Got some new babies a few weeks ago! I told @HuffleClaw that I'd post pics of them for her to see on this thread! 2 Fawn & White Runners, 1 Pekin, and 1 Cayuga. I ordered 5 of each breed, but they came a day late and all of them were dead accept for these 4. @cluckmecoop7 Here are pics for ya!

Attachments

• IMG_20210421_121415.jpg
    IMG_20210421_121415.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20210422_124333.jpg
    IMG_20210422_124333.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20210421_121410.jpg
    IMG_20210421_121410.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
Got some new babies a few weeks ago! I told @HuffleClaw that I'd post pics of them for her to see on this thread! 2 Fawn & White Runners, 1 Pekin, and 1 Cayuga. I ordered 5 of each breed, but they came a day late and all of them were dead accept for these 4. @cluckmecoop7 Here are pics for ya!
Very, very cute! :love

Cute babies! :love - Sorry that so many have died on the way. What happened? Did the USPS drop the ball somewhere?

I am so glad you have these four still alive! And yes, they are full of cuteness! Thanks for sharing!

Hi Everyone,
It's getting cold outside, so I am back after much gardening and solar cooking in previous months.

I have only had three ducklings survive this year. The ducks seem to have lost some of their parenting instincts when they were attacked by dogs almost a year ago. One white spring duckling has almost reached adult size, and I removed two small autumn ducklings from the coup a week or so ago, as they were not being looked after. One was so cold I was sure it would die. It was still wet from hatching. Once it fluffed up and tried to stand, it had spraddle legs, one more than the other. It mainly stands correctly now, but keeps its head to the side of the spraddliest leg. (Yes, spraddliest is a word now.) I think he is a he, because he's a day younger and much bigger. As he still kicks that leg out the side a bit, he's called Sidekick. His sister (probably) is called Sweetie.

Here are these pampered indoor ducklings having a bit of outside time: IMG20210428134507[1].jpg

Last edited:
Good morning folks :frow Good evening Wunda & Kiwi :frow

So sorry you lost some but your survivors are really cute
Hi Everyone,
It's getting cold outside, so I am back after much gardening and solar cooking in previous months.

I have only had three ducklings survive this year. The ducks seem to have lost some of their parenting instincts when they were attacked by dogs almost a year ago. One white spring duckling has almost reached adult size, and I removed two small autumn ducklings from the coup a week or so ago, as they were not being looked after. One was so cold I was sure it would die. It was still wet from hatching. Once it fluffed up and tried to stand, it had spraddle legs, one more than the other. It mainly stands correctly now, but keeps its head to the side of the spraddliest leg. (Yes, spraddliest is a word now.) I think he is a he, because he's a day younger and much bigger. As he still kicks that leg out the side a bit, he's called Sidekick. His sister (probably) is called Sweetie.

Here are these pampered indoor ducklings having a bit of outside time:View attachment 2639338
It's so nice to see you back. They are cuties

Back
Top Bottom