I’m Patti. :) Broody is what I don’t need between my Muscovy’s my bantams I have enough Broodys and then I had a Salmon Faverolle go broody too and they aren’t suppose to be a broody breed. We even had little wrens join in an brood here the little ones just fledged yesterday!

Well, back from the dentist. I was supposed to get my permanent crown today.

Supposed to. I get there, I say hi to the dentist. He tells me he wants to talk with me about setting his new place up for birds once he's more settled, I agree that we can do that, he goes off to do what he's got to do, and his assistant starts working on me.

She takes the temp crown out, and I let her know that I'm pretty sure it was left too high and also I'm having sensitivity in the tooth, probably from it being left too high (she did the temp crown, not the dentist).

So we go to put the crown in, and I can immediately tell that it's too tight to the tooth in front of it. So she tries floss, confirms the floss won't even fit between the teeth, so yep, that'll need to be adjusted.

And then she tells me to bite down on the crown around a piece of cotton. So I do. And then immediately you hear a crunch.

Yep. Crown broke. Apparently it wasn't sitting down on the tooth (because it was too tight to the tooth in front of it) and instead of adjusting that first, she decided to have me bite down on it to try to force it down. Why, I don't know. And then of course it couldn't handle the stress, and there was nowhere for it to go, so it broke.

So now I wait three weeks again for a new one to be made. Sigh.
What a nightmare.
I had a crown break here a few weeks ago and had to wait 2 weeks to get in. My dentist was on vacation. Luckily though my office makes them right there and I get the permanate crown on the same day.
Mine was also left a little too high and I had to drive back over there to get it adjusted.
But.. they did not charge me for the new crown since they were the ones that put on the one I had and it didn't last. So, all in all I had better luck than you!

Back
Top Bottom