You are most welcome. I know you love Blanca Duck and I would hate to see anything happen to any ones ducks. Winter seems to be hard on some of them even though the summer heat is usually the worse.
There was a member this morning who's muscovy wouldn't come off the pond and it froze and gave a mink a chance to kill 2 of his ducks and another one missing which left two ducks standing on the frozen pond terrified. I sure hope we don't hear this from WannaB.

Meanwhile we are in the 40°Cs here... babies!!
1704511867812.png

You are most welcome. I know you love Blanca Duck and I would hate to see anything happen to any ones ducks. Winter seems to be hard on some of them even though the summer heat is usually the worse.
Yes, Blanca is one of the second oldest ducks here, right after Mr. Limpy. So far she has mastered every situation here with gluttony. I know one day her luck will run out and that will be a sad day… don't want to think about it.

There was a member this morning who's muscovy wouldn't come off the pond and it froze and gave a mink a chance to kill 2 of his ducks and another one missing which left two ducks standing on the frozen pond terrified. I sure hope we don't hear this from WannaB.
In order to startle the duckies, i have installed a little laser projector that projects random patterns into the woods around the pond. Sadly the ducks have started to enjoy those patterns and keep staying on the pond. Now i hope that those moving lights are discouraging predators from coming close to the pond...

They were all back about an hour later and started to play »The Trumpets of Jericho« again.
🎺🎺🎺🎺🎺🎺🎺🎺🎺🎺🎺🎺
They gulp down food at an insane rate, total food bill for this month is $150, plus kitchen scraps, fodder and zero eggs sold.
Frank I don't know if your TSC does this or not. I can go to Rural King or see an ad on my laptop for Laying Pellets for instance for $11.86 for a 50 pound bag. I take a picture of it on my phone and go to my local TSC and they will price match it with their brand which is a better brand. My ducks eat it and all do good. Same with the Scratch grains. TSC has much better ones than our Rural King does and they price match that. It saves me a lot of money. Not sure if all TSC will price match but ours is a Godsend as we just got a TSC in our town so it saves me money, gas and time in getting food for my 15 Ducks.

Back
Top Bottom