Using bread when deworming?

tape worms are short and segmented like rice... are you sure you didn't see roundworms? They would be long and white and are the only other type of worm that can be seen in droppings.

Ivermectin is in the cattle section and not labeled for use in chickens. It is effective against lice and round worms. If you have a a tractor supply you might also have other feed stores in your area that will carry it. I haven't used it yet... because I'm leery of ANY poison... but I am getting ready to use it because I need to. I got the pour on kind, not the inject-able type.... didn't know it came as a paste! Thanks kiki
I guess they are roundworms then... i always thought it was the other way around. Well if it's roundworms, that makes it a lot easier to treat.
Edit: after looking at some pictures, the droppings of most of my chickens look like tapeworms but they might have both... like I said, I've never really had to deworm my chickens until now. What came out of my little pullet looks more like a tapeworm, since it was more flat, and the roundworms look more like spaghetti.

Last edited:
Tapeworms can be long white things too. They are only little when they break apart. Give me a few minutes and I'll link my video of live long tapes.

I guess they are roundworms then... i always thought it was the other way around. Well if it's roundworms, that makes it a lot easier to treat.
Edit: after looking at some pictures, the droppings look like tapeworms but they might have both... like I said, I've never really had to deworm my chickens until now so I don't have much experience in it. What came out of my little pullet looks more like a tapeworm, since it was more flat, and the roundworms look more like spaghetti.
I haven't dealt with them prior to now either... can you post a pic? :sick

tape worms are short and segmented like rice... are you sure you didn't see roundworms? They would be long and white and are the only other type of worm that can be seen in droppings.

Ivermectin is in the cattle section and not labeled for use in chickens. It is effective against lice and round worms. If you have a a tractor supply you might also have other feed stores in your area that will carry it. I haven't used it yet... because I'm leery of ANY poison... but I am getting ready to use it because I need to. I got the pour on kind, not the inject-able type.... didn't know it came as a paste! Thanks kiki
It's the P word in the Eqimax that rids tapes. But the ivermectin.

I haven't dealt with them prior to now either... can you post a pic? :sick
Yes. I'm on the road. I'll be home at my computer in a few minutes to load my pics and vids. If you want you can search for tapeworms posted by me. I have them posted here on a thread already. Bbiaf

Roundworm
IMG_20180414_232649.jpg

Back
Top Bottom