2024 New Year's Resolution?

Do you have a resolution>

• Total voters
We've been sticking to the elliptical workouts, every day. Hubby had 2 days off when he was out of town. Even after marathon shoveling sessions, still doing the elliptical.

I've had oatmeal for breakfast M-F, and often once for dinner over the weekend.

I read it can take 3-6 months for your cholesterol to go down. My physical is in July.

We've been sticking to the elliptical workouts, every day. Hubby had 2 days off when he was out of town. Even after marathon shoveling sessions, still doing the elliptical.

I've had oatmeal for breakfast M-F, and often once for dinner over the weekend.

I read it can take 3-6 months for your cholesterol to go down. My physical is in July.
Are you taking a fish oil supplement for your cholesterol too? I'm taking a salmon oil one cuz I didn't want to take a shrimp-based one. I think it's helping.

Are you taking a fish oil supplement for your cholesterol too? I'm taking a salmon oil one cuz I didn't want to take a shrimp-based one. I think it's helping.
I've been taking fish oil supplements for years. I don't know what caused my cholesterol to go up. But it's enough to worry me, and I will NOT take drugs to lower it. So it's exercise and diet, which are totally under my control. I just have to do it.

I've been taking fish oil supplements for years. I don't know what caused my cholesterol to go up. But it's enough to worry me, and I will NOT take drugs to lower it. So it's exercise and diet, which are totally under my control. I just have to do it.
Jimmy Fallon Yes GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

My health is MY responsibility! I have felt that way for years. If I eat crap food, don't get enough sleep or exercise, and my body falls apart, I have myself to blame.

I have been blessed with good health, and I know I am VERY lucky in that regard. But I do what I can to maintain it too.

A friend of mine thinks I'm ... a bit compulsive? ... about this. Well, I'm not telling anyone else they have to, or need to, or should do what I am doing. It's up to you.

And me.

My health is MY responsibility! I have felt that way for years. If I eat crap food, don't get enough sleep or exercise, and my body falls apart, I have myself to blame.

I have been blessed with good health, and I know I am VERY lucky in that regard. But I do what I can to maintain it too.

A friend of mine thinks I'm ... a bit compulsive? ... about this. Well, I'm not telling anyone else they have to, or need to, or should do what I am doing. It's up to you.

And me.
Would you like to know what I think about the people who are not a bit "compulsive?"

🤐

Would you like to know what I think about the people who are not a bit "compulsive?"
This person said that her mom "Thought she would live to be 100, so she ate food she didn't like and did stuff she didn't want to do. She still died in her 80s."

I replied with the oft-used line, "If I'd known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself."

"But she still died in her early 80s, with dementia," etc. etc.

I changed the topic, but wanted to say, "Yeah, but I just might live to be 90 or 100. I'm going on the assumption that I will live a good long time, and I want to be healthy enough to enjoy it. Plus it's a WHOLE LOT cheaper to be healthy! Even if I buy more expensive food."

I haven't even said anything about working out. No need to stir that pot. She does her. I do me.

Hubby and I are still working out on the elliptical, every day. He missed 2 days when he was gone, and took one day off after pulling (very wet, heavy) snow off the roof. I couldn't blame him for that at all.

My iphone doesn't count the elliptical as "steps." :tongue

I'm still having oatmeal for breakfast 5 days a week.

Back
Top Bottom