2nd atempt at incubating

nettifer

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 8, 2013
bow.gif
that i get better results this time! 3 out of 10 last time! but my temp dropped a couple of times
idunno.gif
but i couldnt test humidity! i have now bought a hydrometer and have steralized my incy and its on ! not put eggs in yet i want it to stabalize ! i didnt candle till end last time! but will at days 8 & 14 do i candle later than that? what humidity do you all recomend? i really want them to survive this time
thumbsup.gif
and for my grandchildren to be happy not sad that they didnt make it
hit.gif
heres to
jumpy.gif
any help would be appreciated !!!

I just put my second hatch in the bator on Saturday the 13th. We hatched 22 out of 29 fertile eggs on Easter and were pretty happy with that. We started with 42 but on day 10 we took out all the clears. I only had the roosters in for a few days and knew they wouldn't all be fertile. We had our humidity between 30 and 45% till day 18, then bumped it up to 65 - 70% for the last 3 days. I hope our bator is clean enough. I just washed it out with dish soap. You should try to calibrate your hygrometer, I've heard some can be way off. This is a pretty good video

I put too much water in the first time I tried. The salt should still be pasty, not watery.

I forgot to mention. There's really good info in an article by Sallysunshine called "hatching 101" if you haven't read that already

Good luck with your hatch and don't give up stay the course you will learn what works and what don't the more you try ,,, you can't go nowhere but up

Don't give up!! Im on my second try as well. First try was very unsuccessful, but I feel good about this second try. Good luck! Humidity should be 50-60% ish

"ive set a mix ob blue , green ,coral pink and a couple of my eggs in the incy
clap.gif
not sure what breeds lay them colours x"

Nice! I've got 15 Welsummers and 6 green Easter Eggers.

Back
Top Bottom