Anyone in WV???

They have a minimum of 10 chicks Feb thru June.

I'm making a brooder for my order of Delaware and Dominiques coming next month. My space is very limited so I'm hoping to wait until next spring.
That sounds great, I should have a brooder available then, are you wanting a roo too? We could get 24 pullets + 2 roos or if you dont want a roo 25 pullets + 1 roo. Just reach out to me when your ready, the hatchery you sent me a link to seems to do last minute deals on some of their birds if you buy the week before ship, looks like if they have more stock then they have sold they discount them.

That sounds great, I should have a brooder available then, are you wanting a roo too? We could get 24 pullets + 2 roos or if you dont want a roo 25 pullets + 1 roo. Just reach out to me when your ready, the hatchery you sent me a link to seems to do last minute deals on some of their birds if you buy the week before ship, looks like if they have more stock then they have sold they discount them.
Yes that's better for me too. I want at least 2 welbar roosters (1 spare) .Not sure how many you'd want but I would recommend you get the same.The rest could be pullets (unless they mess up!)I look forward to getting some and would be happy to meet you halfway. Bielefelder's are bigger and require a lot of protein growing up.Some people have reported sudden deaths in their flocks(roosters).I am shy of raising them for this reason.

Yes that's better for me too. I want at least 2 welbar roosters (1 spare) .Not sure how many you'd want but I would recommend you get the same.The rest could be pullets (unless they mess up!)I look forward to getting some and would be happy to meet you halfway. Bielefelder's are bigger and require a lot of protein growing up.Some people have reported sudden deaths in their flocks(roosters).I am shy of raising them for this reason.
I normally get 10 pullets 1 roo with expectations of getting 1 roo in the 10 pullets as they all say 90% sexing rate but with auto sexing and sex linked i normally do straight run as its cheaper and they normally make it a 50/50 to be fair. I then keep the nicest roo and have the others as sunday lunch.

I forgot these were auto sexed so would be smart to get the extra roo.

Let me know closer to the time, hopefully everything should be good. I know we are getting a few breeds next year and my kids will want to do some Incubation projects so as long as i have a brooder available I will be happy to go 50/50 with you.

I normally get 10 pullets 1 roo with expectations of getting 1 roo in the 10 pullets as they all say 90% sexing rate but with auto sexing and sex linked i normally do straight run as its cheaper and they normally make it a 50/50 to be fair. I then keep the nicest roo and have the others as sunday lunch.

Let me know closer to the time, hopefully everything should be good. I know we are getting a few breeds next year and my kids will want to do some Incubation projects so as long as i have a brooder available I will be happy to go 50/50 with you.
Sounds like a winner!

Following!

Back
Top Bottom