Barred rock Plymouth Rock gender question

Blue, cockerel, pink pullet.
Holding them by the feet is an old wives' tale. So is holding a weight (washer) on a string over them - supposed to swing back and forth for one gender, goes in circles for the other. Basically witchcraft, IMO. Or whoever is holding the string unconsciously or subconsciously influences it. 🤷‍♀️

Blue, cockerel, pink pullet.
Holding them by the feet is an old wives' tale. So is holding a weight (washer) on a string over them - supposed to swing back and forth for one gender, goes in circles for the other. Basically witchcraft, IMO. Or whoever is holding the string unconsciously or subconsciously influences it. 🤷‍♀️
Yeah I agree with you! the string thing seems unbelievable but holding a chick by it’s feet & linking the argument to testosterone levels seems more valid.. although I didn’t take it to be true but thought it was interesting to mention 😀 I have a barnevelder chick which I know is a pullet & she fought like crazy being held by the feet!

Some updated pics-
The blue is now 20gms heavier than the pink (pink started off heavier).
The blue is still chest bumping & appears taller now.
They both look like they have wattles already 😩

IMG_2945.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2951.jpeg
    IMG_2951.jpeg
    201.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2947.jpeg
    IMG_2947.jpeg
    224.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2946.jpeg
    IMG_2946.jpeg
    259.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2991.jpeg
    IMG_2991.jpeg
    270.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2976.jpeg
    IMG_2976.jpeg
    241.3 KB · Views: 12
This aligns with my initial suspicions.. you never know though 😁 hopefully I have at least 1 pullet 🤞🏽

Back
Top Bottom