Bielefelder rooster over Ameraucana hens?

May 1, 2024
Hi, first time posting and first time hatching incubated eggs from my 3 Ameraucana hens and my Bielefelder rooster. They started hatching this morning, and I’m hoping to get about 10 of them. My questions are: A, can I expect them to be auto sexing? And B, anyone has any photos they can share of this mix, both chicks, adults, and eggs?

My 3 Ameraucanas were labeled as such from one of the biggest hatcheries, however only 1 out of the 3 ladies has a beard/muff. They all lay pretty teal eggs, some are a little more towards the green. Especially when I compare them with the blue eggs from my cream legbars.

I have had chickens for many years, but finally moved to a farm so I no longer have to keep it under 4 chickens! ;) I look forward to hearing from some breeders with more experience than me.

Helena

Hi, first time posting and first time hatching incubated eggs from my 3 Ameraucana hens and my Bielefelder rooster. They started hatching this morning, and I’m hoping to get about 10 of them. My questions are: A, can I expect them to be auto sexing?
No, the chicks will not be autosexing.

Back
Top Bottom