Corid did not work, now on endocox?

May 6, 2023
I have chicks almost six weeks old. My question is how long until their poops are back to normal while on endocox. Package says 3 days treatment. Will they still have orange strings in their poop after the treatment is done? Thank you for your knowledge on this subject in advance.

Have you had your vet confirm coccidiosis with a fecal float test? Have you seen chicks standing hunched/puffed up, lethargic, not eating, and runny droppings? Are they having any blood or stringy intestinal shed in the poop? It can take some time for droppings to become normal. Are they acting normal and eating?

Hello. I have never been successful using Corid as a treatment. However I find that it works best as a preventative for my application. If we get excessive rains and my flocks are drinking muddy run water, I will use a weak dose for the prevention of coccidiosis. Seems to be more efficient used that way.

Have you had your vet confirm coccidiosis with a fecal float test? Have you seen chicks standing hunched/puffed up, lethargic, not eating, and runny droppings? Are they having any blood or stringy intestinal shed in the poop? It can take some time for droppings to become normal. Are they acting normal and eating?
I sent a fecal to uc davis and coccidiosis and salmonella came back negative. I am waiting on Clostridium perfringens to come back. this has been going on for 3 weeks. their first couple poops of the day are like this then the rest are normal. every day. they had corid and endocox. which seemed to help some because the orange was less frequent. it used to be throughout the day. they are acting normal and eating and drinking normal. in normal range for gaining weight. I thought a couple weeks ago it was intestinal shed, but that dont do that every day do they? My other chicks i had 2 years ago did nothing like this. If the other test comes back negative, I do not know what to do next. the chicks are now 6 weeks old. do you think if they eat some of the hemp litter it would cause this? they get unsweetened yogurt in their mash every morning and crumbles all day long. no treats. thank you for your time. this is stressful not knowing.

Attachments

• 20240503_070840.jpg
    20240503_070840.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 20240503_070739.jpg
    20240503_070739.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 2
I sent a fecal to uc davis and coccidiosis and salmonella came back negative. I am waiting on Clostridium perfringens to come back. this has been going on for 3 weeks. their first couple poops of the day are like this then the rest are normal. every day. they had corid and endocox. which seemed to help some because the orange was less frequent. it used to be throughout the day. they are acting normal and eating and drinking normal. in normal range for gaining weight. I thought a couple weeks ago it was intestinal shed, but that dont do that every day do they? My other chicks i had 2 years ago did nothing like this. If the other test comes back negative, I do not know what to do next. the chicks are now 6 weeks old. do you think if they eat some of the hemp litter it would cause this? they get unsweetened yogurt in their mash every morning and crumbles all day long. no treats. thank you for your time. this is stressful not knowing.
so the clostridium perfringens test for toxins is negative. so anyone who look at the pictures and their chicks have similar looking poops, apparently it is weird but normal. they are still acting fine, although in my opinion I think the endocox did help, but not the corid.

Sorry, I have been out of town for several days. I’m glad the testing all came back negative. Passing intestinal shed can be normal every now and then. I suppose the presence of worm eggs was also negative. Well, I would use some probiotics for now.

Back
Top Bottom