Help! Is she sick or is crowing normal for 4 week old chick? Just started doing it this afternoon. Not consistent did it maybe 10xs and stopped.

BabyT

In the Brooder
Apr 11, 2024
So when I got home a few minutes ago, I noticed all my chicks were sleeping so I went and I said hi to him like I normally do give him some freshwater check their food and as I’m getting ready to change their bedding, I was kind of just watching them and I noticed my one female Chicken, which they’re all female lol, anyhow, she started making this weird sound. She did it maybe 5 times and every time she did it all the chicks stopped doing what they were doing. And kind of stared. Is this normal? They’re about four weeks old. I’ve never noticed it before in any of them usually happily I haven’t noticed it just lasted for about a minute or two. This something I should be worried about? I tried to add a video, but I can’t seem to figure out how.

So when I got home a few minutes ago, I noticed all my chicks were sleeping so I went and I said hi to him like I normally do give him some freshwater check their food and as I’m getting ready to change their bedding, I was kind of just watching them and I noticed my one female Chicken, which they’re all female lol, anyhow, she started making this weird sound. She did it maybe 5 times and every time she did it all the chicks stopped doing what they were doing. And kind of stared. Is this normal? They’re about four weeks old. I’ve never noticed it before in any of them usually happily I haven’t noticed it just lasted for about a minute or two. This something I should be worried about? I tried to add a video, but I can’t seem to figure out how.
To add a video, you'll need to post it on YouTube, then share that link here.

I'd suspect that one's a rooster, but 1 month old is a bit young to be trying to crow already. What breed are these?

Back
Top Bottom