HELP WITH SILKIE HATCHING

onco

In the Brooder
Apr 30, 2024
help! my silkies have been incubating. One pipped around 10am yesterday and hatched overnight. I saw it around 4am. It’s now 3:38pm the next day and he is barely moving, still wet/furry, and sleeping. he is breathing but there is barely any movement. i saw him stretch maybe ones or twice but has no been in the same position for a few hours. My incubator is set to 37.5 degrees celcius it’s a smart incubator. no other eggs hatched yet but all have holes and are chirping.

This is perfect.

Do not open the incubator.

All they do for the first few hours is get their strength back. They need to rest.

Their first day or two they will also spend the majority of time sleeping. They don't need food right away as they can live for 72 hours on the yolk they absorbed prior to hatching, but I still sprinkle some starter on the paper towels in the brooder and some will peck at them.

Congrats!!

This is perfect.

Do not open the incubator.

All they do for the first few hours is get their strength back. They need to rest.

Their first day or two they will also spend the majority of time sleeping. They don't need food right away as they can live for 72 hours on the yolk they absorbed prior to hatching, but I still sprinkle some starter on the paper towels in the brooder and some will peck at them.

Congrats!!
Thank you!! How long does it usually take for the rest of the eggs to hatch? it’s been about 12 hours

Thank you!! How long does it usually take for the rest of the eggs to hatch? it’s been about 12 hours
From pip to hatch, it can take 24 hours.

If some haven't pipped yet, I'd candle them when you take the fuzzy ones out, after all the pipped ones have hatched, or just leave them in there for a couple more days just in case.

Thank you so much for all your help! I just noticed the first one that wasn’t moving stopped breathing. another one had just hatched, i’m not sure what to do with the first one, the second chicken that hatched is a lot more active.

Thank you so much for all your help! I just noticed the first one that wasn’t moving stopped breathing. another one had just hatched, i’m not sure what to do with the first one, the second chicken that hatched is a lot more active.
Sorry for all the questions, I’ve never hatched chickens before. I would rather be safe than sorry.

Sorry for all the questions, I’ve never hatched chickens before. I would rather be safe than sorry.
Oh don't be sorry!

I really doubt that chick is dead in there but if you're right, I would try sneak it out as soon as it's safe.

Please just keep asking as we all learn from experiences the hard way and would rather not have to suffer if we don't have to! :hugs

Trust me, I've hatched 100s of chicks, and this never gets old! I have some hatching as we speak.

Great, would there be a way to revive it? Is there anything I should do or just wait it out?

Oh don't be sorry!

I really doubt that chick is dead in there but if you're right, I would try sneak it out as soon as it's safe.

Please just keep asking as we all learn from experiences the hard way and would rather not have to suffer if we don't have to! :hugs

Trust me, I've hatched 100s of chicks, and this never gets old! I have some hatching as we speak.
Hi! Would you review my other post the most recent one?

Back
Top Bottom