inbreeding/linebreeding

Because I find it hard to read and understand off the computor screen, I printed the book you mentioned and will read my way through it. thanks for the suggestion

" in all cases the arts are prior to the related sciences. Art is the parent, not the progeny of science:
the realization of principles in practice forms part of the prelude, as well as the sequel, of theoretical
discovery" ( Whewell, "History of the Inductive Sciences, " Vol. i., p. 240).

" in all cases the arts are prior to the related sciences. Art is the parent, not the progeny of science:
the realization of principles in practice forms part of the prelude, as well as the sequel, of theoretical
discovery" ( Whewell, "History of the Inductive Sciences, " Vol. i., p. 240).

Breeding is as much art as science.

Thanks for the information, and book. I have been reading it, but I don't think I have a good enough artists eye yet to keep so few birds and breed so close. There are couple of shows near here this fall, that I plan to attend to learn more about what I am looking at/for. The problem I find at the shows is that the people are so busy that I don't often learn much about what is good and what is bad.

What kind of questions should I ask?

What should I not ask?

Is this just as good a plan as any to keep inbreeding at bay?

to build 3 matings of a male and 4 females replacing two of the females each year with pen daughters and move the male from next door. Then I only need 3 pens

or is a rolling mating, just as good or better? What are you opinions?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom