is this bumblefoot? what can i do to help?

ducks_chickens

In the Brooder
Feb 3, 2024
my buff duck has this white bump on the bottom of her foot on the toe. i was thinking it could be bumblefoot but i wasnt sure, shes been limping and doesnt wanna walk on it. heres a picture of it:

the bump is on the left of her foot the right picture is what she does to relieve pressure

i just want some closure so i know how to help her!

Attachments

• 0466CB45-8D90-4E21-961A-93D09A766755.jpeg
    0466CB45-8D90-4E21-961A-93D09A766755.jpeg
    380.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 35F2CE06-85F2-4D18-8A1C-857DA4EBB314.jpeg
    35F2CE06-85F2-4D18-8A1C-857DA4EBB314.jpeg
    515.5 KB · Views: 4
Bumblefoot usually has a dark colored scab, but it could be you are catching it early. Is it hot? Hard or soft?

I would soak her foot for 10 minutes or so in warm Epsom salt water then look at it closely again in case it's a sliver or anything else causing it.

If not, and you're still thinking bumblefoot, you could use PRID or another drawing ointment then cover her foot with gauze and Vet Wrap or some medical tape, and keep her inside in a cage in a quiet place. I would up the vitamins too as bumblefoot is an infection and that'll help her fight it.

Bumblefoot usually has a dark colored scab, but it could be you are catching it early. Is it hot? Hard or soft?

I would soak her foot for 10 minutes or so in warm Epsom salt water then look at it closely again in case it's a sliver or anything else causing it.

If not, and you're still thinking bumblefoot, you could use PRID or another drawing ointment then cover her foot with gauze and Vet Wrap or some medical tape, and keep her inside in a cage in a quiet place. I would up the vitamins too as bumblefoot is an infection and that'll help her fight it.
its sort of hard, shes just been lying down all day by the water because she doesnt wanna walk, im assuming its that lump that sensitive because its only on the one foot 🤷‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom