New duckling issues

Msrozz

In the Brooder
Apr 8, 2023
Recently I ordered ducklings off Metzer and we got 2 that were from the mix duckling section. One definitely looks like a pekin she is very sweet and definitely bigger than the others. She's also the only one we have that has had issues she was bowlegged and stepping all over her feet. So we started adding brewers yeast. It's getting better but now we've noticed she tries but can't seem to reach her preen gland. So a lot of the time she goes through the motions but isn't getting any oil. Do I just keep watch? Or what should I do? Any help or suggestions would be great

Attachments

• 20230322_165705.jpg
    20230322_165705.jpg
    584.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 20230401_132143.jpg
    20230401_132143.jpg
    399.1 KB · Views: 6
Recently I ordered ducklings off Metzer and we got 2 that were from the mix duckling section. One definitely looks like a pekin she is very sweet and definitely bigger than the others. She's also the only one we have that has had issues she was bowlegged and stepping all over her feet. So we started adding brewers yeast. It's getting better but now we've noticed she tries but can't seem to reach her preen gland. So a lot of the time she goes through the motions but isn't getting any oil. Do I just keep watch? Or what should I do? Any help or suggestions would be great
Beautiful babies :)
With pekins they just need more niacin and vitamins
I would put a few drops of poultry cell or Nutridrench on her tongue or add to a separate water once a day as well as give durvet vitamin B complex 1 ml over small treat so she gets the full dose or through syringe
Don’t give the B complex in the water though it dilutes the dose
This should boost her vitamins and hopefully straighten things out
Continue with the brewers yeast till 12 weeks
I still sprinkle it in my feed a few times a week and my birds are 10 months to 2 years

Back
Top Bottom