Pullet??

In all of my experience, they come in at six weeks. I don't know if you have been raising slow-feathering breeds or what.
I've raised many different breeds from different sources. I highly doubt they were all slow feathering birds. I've also never seen a picture of a 6 week old chick with male specific feathers (not pattern). The earliest I've ever seen male feathers coming in was on my 10 week old Wyandotte mix. They weren't even fully visibly yet, I had to lift the top layer of feathers to see them.

I think that looks like a cockerel, just based off of the comb. Male specific feathers won't come in until later, especially on a slow-growing breed like a Brahma.

Could you please elaborate? I’m not seeing much of a comb, and what I do see is pale
At nine weeks, a pullet's comb is barely visible, just a little bump. I also see three distinct rows, and, while that is mostly an old wives tale that it automatically means roo, when those are visible at an early age, the bird is often a cockerel. And, while not a hard and fast rule, Brahma cockerels also tend to get their feathers in later. The comb does look pretty pale, so there's still a bit of me that's unsure. If you update in a week or two, It may be more obvious.

At nine weeks, a pullet's comb is barely visible, just a little bump. I also see three distinct rows, and, while that is mostly an old wives tale that it automatically means roo, when those are visible at an early age, the bird is often a cockerel. And, while not a hard and fast rule, Brahma cockerels also tend to get their feathers in later. The comb does look pretty pale, so there's still a bit of me that's unsure. If you update in a week or two, It may be more obvious.
I am hoping for my daughter’s sake that it is a pullet, she is so attached and visa versa .. if it ends being a Roo she will have to rehome 😩

Could you please elaborate? I’m not seeing much of a comb, and what I do see is pale

I am hoping for my daughter’s sake that it is a pullet, she is so attached and visa versa .. if it ends being a Roo she will have to rehome 😩
Here are some updates

Attachments

• shared45.jpeg
    shared45.jpeg
    277.5 KB · Views: 6
  • shared43.jpeg
    shared43.jpeg
    306.6 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom