Serendipities

Earthling3

In the Brooder
Sep 8, 2022
I have had a bit of a strange ride with some eggs and would love your advice!
Five fertile eggs spent 1- 3 days under the hen, a further 8 days in a ventilated polystyrene box with hot water bottles being changed regularly / being turned / humidity etc.
Then a further 11 days in an incubator at 100 deg. F

I realise this is significantly less than perfect due to the lack of resources I had at the time- I’m a little scared of the feedback I may get posting this but you guys seem really nice and I really don’t know what to do.

I never intended to hatch out eggs but when I saw these guys were definitely developing by accident, I thought I ought to give it my best shot.

So we’re on day 11 of actual incubation and they’re still visable developing when candling and the air cells are changing appropriately, but they’re far from what I gather would be ideal at this point. They look like they’re around five days, not 11 by a long chalk. I’m not sure if there’s anything I can do to help them get back on track.
I’m kicking myself for not giving them light in the first week.

On water candling one in particular did wiggle, and there’s visable veining but it’s not very distinct.

The other issue we have is myself and my partner are both visually impaired so it’s really hard to actually see what’s happening and the camera doesn’t seem to pick up the details very well.
I think I’ve seen movement, a distinct black dot and veining in three of the five.
They’re changing and getting darker- particularly in the centre of the yolk.

So my question is- is there anything I can do to help them? Is there any chance of hatching?
Or am I incubating early fatalities please?

Other info- they’re commercial hybrids and very porous.

What kind of eggs are they from? Slow development is usually from low temps, but since it's at 100 F... It seems very odd for slow development. What's the humidity level? Is there anything else that might affect development?

What kind of eggs are they from? Slow development is usually from low temps, but since it's at 100 F... It seems very odd for slow development. What's the humidity level? Is there anything else that might affect development?
Hi! Thanks for your reply.
They’re commercial hybrid chickens

Back
Top Bottom