Things you wish you could say

"You're fired. Get out. "

Instead, I will have to say something like:

"We are terminating your contract effective immediately. Please verify an outside email address that helpdesk can use to coordinate the return of your equipment. Your access has been restricted to only essential systems needed to finalize your exit tasks with HR."

Not a good day today.

We are terminating your contract effective immediately. Please verify an outside email address that helpdesk can use to coordinate the return of your equipment. Your access has been restricted to only essential systems needed to finalize your exit tasks with HR."
If working for Az, get a buyout clause.
Not a good day today.
Because you wanted to keep this one ,or because you have to be all HR'y about it?

While we blame HR, they can be helpful. It's the lawyers that make things hard.

I have a lawyer and I'm not afraid to use it!
I'll call your lawyer and raise you a non compete clause.

Like all good tools, they can be abused.

I really want to know what triggered this. Shall we place bets?
I'll bet on the "didn't do assigned work properly/on-time."

If working for Az, get a buyout clause.
We have a 30 day notice period for early term written in, so essentially it's "I'm paying you for May, but you're done today". I may ask legal to review the negligence clause though and not pay that 30 day buyout.

Because you wanted to keep this one ,or because you have to be all HR'y about it?
I do hate to have to turn over staff, but this one's more frustration that we're even at this point. This is a highly skilled senior level person who knows better. They're already on an improvement plan because of similar issues recently, but today they committed an unforced error that will end up costing us about a half million bucks in refunds and lost productivity to fix. It was totally preventable had they followed the process, but instead they procrastinated, skipped steps, and now I have 8 people cleaning up their mess. I feel for them, but it's far from the first time. It takes a lot for me to say "this is enough", but it's time.

I really want to know what triggered this. Shall we place bets?
I'll bet on the "didn't do assigned work properly/on-time."
Bingo. Didn't properly do prep work needed for a major prod release. Borked prod. Angry C-levels are yelling at me now (justifiably). and that rolls downhill.

Your sister is toxic, and you should sever contact with her until she receives mental health treatment. Her illness is an explanation for but not an excuse for her behavior.
You've met my sister? My condolences

Back
Top Bottom