Wet stomach on ducklings, is it a worry?

You put my enrichment to shame. I have a few parrot toys -- duckling enjoyed dropping that off my desk for a short while; a mirror that entertained for only 4 hours before the clever duck realised that it wasn't a real duck in the mirror; a few plastic tops of juice and milk bottles - picked up and thrown around. The best entertainment was the 4 microsoft squares key on my laptop -- my little rescued duckling was determined to get those squares off the key!!

My son raises day old ducklings and they basically entertain themselves with their water and food. in contrast, your set up is just wonderful
I used to have rats and ferrets! I’m used to making up enrichment!! It’s really important to me to have them properly entertained, but you shouldn’t feel bad! They entertain themselves with the food and water and hay so well 🤣 good lord, the food and water. the toy has beads on it (on thick fabric and knitted, don’t worry) and they just sat in a line and pecked it until they fell asleep earlier. i like making things for my animals, and, well, I don’t think my ducks want to wear anything 🤣 so toys it is

I plan to get some parrot toys for the coop! and A mirror.. mostly to make fun of them. Their favorite enrichment so far is the piping, the beads/t shirt strips, and fake flowers. They go ham on fake flowers.

09E62057-C535-4FB6-A062-0B8E8BF1053F.jpeg

I used to have rats and ferrets! I’m used to making up enrichment!! It’s really important to me to have them properly entertained, but you shouldn’t feel bad! They entertain themselves with the food and water and hay so well 🤣 good lord, the food and water. the toy has beads on it (on thick fabric and knitted, don’t worry) and they just sat in a line and pecked it until they fell asleep earlier. i like making things for my animals, and, well, I don’t think my ducks want to wear anything 🤣 so toys it is

I plan to get some parrot toys for the coop! and A mirror.. mostly to make fun of them. Their favorite enrichment so far is the piping, the beads/t shirt strips, and fake flowers. They go ham on fake flowers.

View attachment 3039059
Your ducklings are adorable and lucky.

Personally I would not worry about messy ducklings splashing their water down their chests. I would be worried if they remained wet and at risk of chilling. But as you say that they dry under the lamp they are not going to chill as they will move to the lamp whenever they feel cold.

They are ducklings. Ducklings are messy,. Ducklings like playing in water. You have a heat lamp substitute for mama duck keeping them warm. All good
i don’t know if you could me identify what my ducks have. they’re about 3 weeks old i think and they’re constantly wet from their bellies. i bathe them and make sure to clean their bedding often but even when the bedding is dry they still look like this and it’s like moist.

Attachments

• IMG_1032.jpeg
    IMG_1032.jpeg
    576.1 KB · Views: 0

Back
Top Bottom