What breed is this chick?

It's hard for me to tell color in the photos, but I think I see buff down and then white feathers in the wings. That would be the wrong color for Buff Orpington, but correct for females of many Red Sexlink* types. (Also for males of some mixes, so I'm not making any guesses about whether the chick is male or female.)

But if I'm seeing the colors wrong, then of course my breed guesses will be wrong.

*Red Sexlinks are sold under many different names, including Red Star, Golden Comet, ISA Brown, Lohmann brown, and others. They typically have feathers that are gold or red in color, with white in the tail and the big feathers of the wings and sometimes white on other parts of the body too, and they are good layers of brown eggs.
Hm, she does have white and some orangish/reddish/brownish? color on her. I also remember the other chicks I picked her from with more noticeable reddish color around their wing area. Her wings and tail are definitely white, though. Your description seems more accurate to her to me?

Hm, she does have white and some orangish/reddish/brownish? color on her. I also remember the other chicks I picked her from with more noticeable reddish color around their wing area. Her wings and tail are definitely white, though. Your description seems more accurate to her to me?
That's good to know :)

It will be interesting to see what colors appear as the chick grows. Some chicks change quite a lot over time, and some do not.

Back
Top Bottom