What size trashcans, will hold a 50 lb bag of feed

72up87.gif

Quote:
I got one of those heavy plastic bins with both sides that locks for about $6.00 or $ 7.00 from Walmart. It holds about 70-80lbs of feed. There is no way any predator can open it unless it's a bear that has long and thick claws
wink.png

I wait until I get the last feed before adding the 50lbs bags in to it.

Last edited:
I use the plastic recycle bins that stack on each other. I'm not sure how many gallons they hold but they use very little floor space and I can put 50 Lbs of feed in one, almost a bale of pine shavings in another, and 50 lbs of scratch in the third. They are fairly airtight and the lids flip up and stay up while I'm refilling feeders or spreading new shavings. They work great for me.

Quote:
I got one of those heavy plastic bins with both sides that locks for about $6.00 or $ 7.00 from Walmart. It holds about 70-80lbs of feed. There is no way any predator can open it unless it's a bear that has long and thick claws
wink.png

I wait until I get the last feed before adding the 50lbs bags in to it.

I was thinking about those too
Thanks

I am far too cheap to purchase a fancy garbage can to put feed in.

I went to a local grocery store bakery and ask them for any 5 gallon buckets they might have. Some stores will give them to you for free, while others will charge you a nominal price for them. Usually, the stores that give them to you for free require that you clean them out, while those that sell them for a nominal fee will sell them clean.

I got my 4 five gallon buckets (two for layer feed, one for baby chick feed, and one for sunflower seeds) for free that way.

Why pay for storage containers when you can get them for free, or near free?

Back
Top Bottom