⭐ Kiki's Year Long 🌶️

Birdsfoot Trefoil
20240624_123637.jpg

Well, Ginger (the cockerel) just found a new home. I'm happy, Ginger will be happy, the neighbour who has a bunch of chickens already is happy, and the neighbour with the chicken killing dog will never even know that he was here since he never crowed.
We need details. Did tenant trade cockerel for a pullet? Does Ginger have competition or just a much bigger flock? Did you make a new chicken buddy? Will there be fertile chicken eggs in your basket soon?

Congratulations to Ginger and wishing him a long life.

We need details. Did tenant trade cockerel for a pullet? Does Ginger have competition or just a much bigger flock? Did you make a new chicken buddy? Will there be fertile chicken eggs in your basket soon?

Congratulations to Ginger and wishing him a long life.
Ginger is now a member of a larger flock with a lot of hens and two other roos. This neighbour is actually one that I meant just before I moved up here and he offered me some chicks then. I wasn't even thinking about having chickens at that time.

There will be no fertile eggs because my pullets haven't started laying yet, though I expect they'll start soon. I now have three pullets and the tenant has four. He was okay with just giving Ginger away. He would have been just as happy to eat him. I think he was just happy not to have to deal with him.

To be honest, the tenant just wants eggs. I take care of his birds along with my own and just tell him how much his share of feed and bedding is. He pays it along with his rent. They're technically his chickens, but he doesn't have much to do with them.

Back
Top Bottom