🦆 The DUX has woken up! 🦆

That's great that it is working out so well. I think having all of that room for them is a Godsend. I never mind my drakes as long as my girls have all of their feathers and so far so good with mine but I still plan on rehoming them to a good home the end of next month as long as my friend does not back out on me.
Well, some of my ducks have bald spots on their necks, but that is (imho) kind of natural. I have seen wild Mallards with the same condition. For some reasons there are always those very »popular« ducks in a flock, that every drake wants to - snuggle with…

:confused: :lau

Well, some of my ducks have bald spots on their necks, but that is (imho) kind of natural. I have seen wild Mallards with the same condition. For some reasons there are always those very »popular« ducks in a flock, that every drake wants to - snuggle with…

:confused: :lau
For sure. that is why I have rehomed several of my drakes that have had plenty of hens. I can't deal with them when they make their heads bleed any longer. I am always afraid of fly strike.

I went into the duck-house this morning and found Milka's not so little anymore duckling eating from the dragon-babies food. And both Dragon-Momma and Dragon-Baby are okay with that. 🧡
Then i looked around the wall and saw two newly hatched ducklings waddling back and forth between Smørre and Laura. It seems that both are now their Mommas.
The little ones are hard to see, mostly sitting under one of the grown-ups, but here is a clip from the DuckyCam:
Oh, and there's a dispute between Smørre and Duckling #12, who don't like each other...

In the afternoon i went back into the duck-house with two servings of duckling-soup, trying to befriend the little ones:
The dragon-baby is still afraid of me, but Milka's duckling is not afraid of me at all. It came right up to me and scanned me. When i picked it up it said »peeheep!« and tried to eat my nose. The two newly hatched were hiding under the grown-ups.

In the afternoon i went back into the duck-house with two servings of duckling-soup, trying to befriend the little ones:
The dragon-baby is still afraid of me, but Milka's duckling is not afraid of me at all. It came right up to me and scanned me. When i picked it up it said »peeheep!« and tried to eat my nose. The two newly hatched were hiding under the grown-ups.
It looked like Dragon Baby had a tiny crest on its head. So many people love crested ones. It sure was a cutie pie.

It looked like Dragon Baby had a tiny crest on its head. So many people love crested ones. It sure was a cutie pie.
Yes, i noticed that too! But i am not sure if that is really a crest or just some plush feathers. One of the drakes from last year's incubator-gang has just a few feathers growing sideways on his head. I am not sure if that is a crest - meaning a (tiny?) hole in his skull or just some feathers growing into the wrong direction.
The crested gene does run in my flock, though. - One of the rescue ducklings definitely is crested.

I hope with enough duckling soup, Dragon Baby will warm up to you. Not surprised Milka’s baby loves you.. she told her baby all about the wonderful Bill Rubs™️ :p

Hey, I’ve also wondered.. how come Duckling #12 is called “Duckling #12?” 😂 Since everyone else has more proper names.
Duckling #12 was the last duckling that hatched last year to form the infamous Incubator-Gang. Here she is on her hatching day:​

She and Sunny Sunshine were the only females of the "dirty dozen".

Yes, i noticed that too! But i am not sure if that is really a crest or just some plush feathers. One of the drakes from last year's incubator-gang has just a few feathers growing sideways on his head. I am not sure if that is a crest - meaning a (tiny?) hole in his skull or just some feathers growing into the wrong direction.
The crested gene does run in my flock, though. - One of the rescue ducklings definitely is crested.
We answered a CL ad last night to get a duckling for a single young one I had. He had so many crested and did not know why but would not part with any of them because they were his favorites. I told him I was not interested in any of them. One had a really large crest that hung over the side of his head and was still young. He said that one was called Trump. We all had a good laugh because it was so cute with all of that fluff hanging off of its head. Most of his adults had no crest so he wasn't sure why it showed up in so many of his young ones he had hatched out from them in his huge incubator. He had ducks, geese, turkeys, chickens and gunias galore. We had a hayday looking at everything. They were beautiful.

I forget Frank, where did the rescue ducklings come from?

Back
Top Bottom