Ended 14th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along—Hatching Fowl Photo Contest

Pics
I’ve been busy with one of my chicks having double slipped tendons but finally able to post another entry!

Entry #3 is our questionable egg on if it was developing or not and it definitely wasn’t a question anymore!
4040087F-3FF5-4F6F-AA70-B5258C5C4CB4.jpeg

He is out! And causing trouble in the brooder now, poking eyes and beaks. When he gets poked back, he's not a fan. This is not an entry, but the progression of his hatch:

Hatching, out, flipped back in
I had one do the same thing except it ran out of the shell across the incubator and then went directly right back into the egg lol I got a picture of it back in the egg and wasn’t sure if it was able to be counted bc he had already been out ! :lol:
5024BDBF-4A7E-4C5C-BF23-D5469EFF74A4.jpeg

I’ve been busy with one of my chicks having double slipped tendons but finally able to post another entry!

Entry #3 is our questionable egg on if it was developing or not and it definitely wasn’t a question anymore!
View attachment 3459214
I hope your chick is doing better now. Was it a result of the incubator, or was it another cause?

That's awesome! It's so wonderful when one gets that not-so-sure hatch. 😍😍

I hope your chick is doing better now. Was it a result of the incubator, or was it another cause?

That's awesome! It's so wonderful when one gets that not-so-sure hatch. 😍😍
I’m not fully certain I think it hatched with one tendon being contracted actually as that leg was so severe but the other leg not as sever. This chick hatched out with 2 active ones in the incubator already that we’re basically fully dried off so it could have gotten stepped on unfortunately with it laying right beside another egg blocking a full path through that section of the incubator… although the chick is now able to stand and doing a lot better! I’ve got a thread posted in raising baby chicks bc I didn’t know where else to post it at the time and just wanted to get it on here but I’ve been updating it on how the chick is doing!

Last edited:
I’m not fully certain I think it hatched with one tendon being contracted actually as that leg was so severe but the other leg not as sever. This chick hatched out with 2 active ones in the incubator already that we’re basically fully dried off so it could have gotten stepped on unfortunately with it laying right beside another egg blocking a full path through that section of the incubator… although the chick is not able to stand and doing a lot better! I’ve got a thread posted in raising baby chicks bc I didn’t know where else to post it at the time and just wanted to get it on here but I’ve been updating it on how the chick is doing!
Ok. Poor thing. I'm glad it's not a result of the incubator though. I'm also glad that it is doing better now.

Sorry if it's already been said but it's not in the 1st post...when does this contest end?
I had read somewhere (either a reply in here or somewhere else maybe the main thread ?) that it will end sometime in April but there’s no specific date set yet that I’ve heard!

EDITED TO ADD:
Rule 14 states this!
“Entries will be accepted until April TBD, 2023, at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.”

Back
Top Bottom