1st Hatching Journey - Little Giant

Pics
This is the same sensor, but comes with a WiFi gateway so you can even monitor the sensors when you're away from home and outside of Bluetooth range. I may just order a set of the ones that @Kiki linked to go with the 3 that I already have connected to the gateway :lol:

https://www.amazon.com/Govee-Hygrom...b4-8124-516b67b34f5b&pd_rd_i=B09BVLP9C5&psc=1
I bought the 3 sensor setup with the WiFi gateway in April, 2023. After posting the above comment, I bought an additional 3 sensors. Unfortunately, the WiFi gateway failed last Thursday (9/5), is out of warranty and Govee doesn't sell just the gateway. I have no desire to buy 3 more sensors just to get another gateway. Fortunately, the sensors I have continue to work via Bluetooth so I'm not completely lost. It was nice being able to check them remotely through the gateway, but not essential.

Since it only lasted 17 months and can't be replaced without buying more sensors, I don't think I feel comfortable recommending the gateway kit anymore. I have a multitude of other Govee sensors and even bought some smart outlets and have no issues with those products.

I would edit the original post to add this comment, but apparently the system won't allow editing of an older post. If a moderator sees this and can add the above statement as an edit to my original post, that would be great.

I bought the 3 sensor setup with the WiFi gateway in April, 2023. After posting the above comment, I bought an additional 3 sensors. Unfortunately, the WiFi gateway failed last Thursday (9/5), is out of warranty and Govee doesn't sell just the gateway. I have no desire to buy 3 more sensors just to get another gateway. Fortunately, the sensors I have continue to work via Bluetooth so I'm not completely lost. It was nice being able to check them remotely through the gateway, but not essential.

Since it only lasted 17 months and can't be replaced without buying more sensors, I don't think I feel comfortable recommending the gateway kit anymore. I have a multitude of other Govee sensors and even bought some smart outlets and have no issues with those products.

I would edit the original post to add this comment, but apparently the system won't allow editing of an older post. If a moderator sees this and can add the above statement as an edit to my original post, that would be great.
Update to this. After a bit more back and forth with Govee customer service, they decided to send a replacement gateway at no cost to me. It arrived today, along with three more sensors, and works like a charm. Since they stand behind their product to this extent, I'm willing to go back to recommending it.

Update - I found a place about an hour from me that sells button hatching eggs. I ordered 2 dozen, and he'll start collecting the eggs for me tomorrow, and I should be able to get them next weekend.

I was going to pair up the chicks I bought a few weeks ago and hatch those eggs, but I ended up thinking it best to pair them from two different sources to help prevent inbreeding and also to get some different colors.

I'll start a new hatch-a-long thread when I get them. The theme will be Small Things, like Pebbles, Tadpole, etc.

Back
Top Bottom