64sq ft coop for 6 chickens?

NatJ mentioned having a barrier at the door so the bedding doesn't fall out. Good idea. But, instead of screws, I might use little boards at each end so the board barrier can be slid in and out.
An even lazier method, I just put a couple of bricks on the ends of the 1x6 across the doorway. During cleaning I just move the bricks, rake the bedding out, and then put the board and bricks back.

so I have a place to keep a brooder/medical room, a permanent roost/poop tray set up, indoor nesting boxes (due to winter cold), with space for food, water, and a dust bath in the winter.
My biggest chicken coop regret is not thinking of these things. A place to store feed, oyster shell and unused equipment (heat lamps, chick feeders/waterers etc.) would be really nice. I have also wished for a way to have two chicken coops (convert to a duplex?) for flock replacement. When they get old and stop laying regularly, we need space for the replacement pullets, but don't really want to cull the old birds and buy supermarket eggs while we wait for the new birds to start laying.

My biggest chicken coop regret is not thinking of these things. A place to store feed, oyster shell and unused equipment (heat lamps, chick feeders/waterers etc.) would be really nice. I have also wished for a way to have two chicken coops (convert to a duplex?) for flock replacement. When they get old and stop laying regularly, we need space for the replacement pullets, but don't really want to cull the old birds and buy supermarket eggs while we wait for the new birds to start laying.
How many hens do you have?

Back
Top Bottom