ALABAMA!!

welcome-byc.gif
BamaBull! We're glad you're here! This is the friendliest community on the web and the most helpful especially where chicken newbies are concerned! Get to know the whole site but come back here to talk with "home folk" See ya"!!

I have a BO/Ameraucana and a SLW roo that I will give anyone who will pick them up. Both nice birds, but I have too many, and I have chicks hatching next week (more roosters!)

welcome-byc.gif
BamaBull! We're glad you're here! This is the friendliest community on the web and the most helpful especially where chicken newbies are concerned! Get to know the whole site but come back here to talk with "home folk" See ya"!!

I have a BO/Ameraucana and a SLW roo that I will give anyone who will pick them up. Both nice birds, but I have too many, and I have chicks hatching next week (more roosters!)
Hi Lisa, so the hatching is going better this time??? Sure hope so. Guess what I just got, a dozen and a half of some nice, large dark Welsummer eggs. I'm hoping I get a nice rooster or two out of these, so then I'll start raising more. I sure am liking those dark eggs. You know what that means, ANOTHER pen, just for welsummers.

I went to the festival. It was my first time. It was pretty neat, but the chicken section was so crowded, it was difficult to get a good look at the birds. How did you do?
ekemily, sorry it took me so long to reply...Yes the show area was really crowded. It was hard to get to my birds. I done very well in the show. I will post my wins below.

1st Show
Reserve Grand Champion Large Fowl - Black Australorp Cock
Champion English - Black Australorp Cock
Champion American - New Hampshire Cockerel
Res Champ American - Rhode Island Red Cockerel
Champion ASOB - Blue Wheaton Ameraucana

2nd Show
Reserve Grand Champion of the Show - Black Australorp Cock
Champion Large Fowl - Black Australorp Cock
Champion English - Black Australorp Cock
Res Champ English - Black Australorp Cockerel
Champion American - Silver Laced Wyandotte Pullet
Res Champ American - Rhode Island Red Pulllet
Champion ASOB - Blue Wheaton Ameraucana

I don't live to far from you, I'm in Elberta.

Matt1616, were there a lot of birds at the show? I had planned on going, but the lure of making time and a half all day nixed that idea.
kowgurl62, there were about 500 birds in the show I think. Pretty good turnout for there first show. It should be bigger and better next year. The ladies running things are dedicated to making it better so that is important. You should make plans to go next year, I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom