Hen and a rooster

Lavender ?

Bantam Ameraucana's?

Are they true Ameraucana's and if not please explain further

Attachments

• Messenger_creation_d6ce9029-8919-4ec4-be3b-9101c203f765.jpeg
    Messenger_creation_d6ce9029-8919-4ec4-be3b-9101c203f765.jpeg
    801.6 KB · Views: 34
There's a long running Ameraucana thread around here somewhere that is a good place to ask these things.

My opinion is no, not true Ameraucana by a long shot.
Those are not pure pea combs. The rooster has no beard. Both have eyes that are too dark (not the bay red color).
The tails are set way too high.
The rooster has a lot of color leakage. Both are blue, not lavender (see the shots of black in them? lav dilutes all black, and has an effect on red as well). It's a poor blue, with random ticking on the hen as well.

There's a long running Ameraucana thread around here somewhere that is a good place to ask these things.

My opinion is no, not true Ameraucana by a long shot.
Those are not pure pea combs. The rooster has no beard. Both have eyes that are too dark (not the bay red color).
The tails are set way too high.
The rooster has a lot of color leakage. Both are blue, not lavender (see the shots of black in them? lav dilutes all black, and has an effect on red as well). It's a poor blue, with random ticking on the hen as well.
Thank you. I just wanted to get someone else's opinion on them before I posted about the true issue at hand. Btw- you're assessment is is my thoughts exactly!

They're cute little birds anyway. Says Blue, who is thinking of changing her name to "AndEEsAreChickensToo!" Lol.
Don't mind me, I'm a goof.
Personally - Love the name your considering!

My problem is I purchased Chicks from someone. Paid way too much for them especially since I now know that these are the parents 🥺 it's a huge mess. I will elaborate later.

I just didn't want to go off on a tangent if I was the only one who saw a problem with these "Ameraucana' imposter's 😔

I'm so sorry! :hugs
I hope you can get a good resolution to this situation.
I recently bought 15 beautiful lavender EE from a lady in Alabama, 400 miles from me (road trip!) but she was completely transparent about the fact that the sire is an EE, two of the dams are Ameraucana and two are EE, all lavender, some lightly barred, and her prices were EE prices. I can't afford Araucana or Ameraucana prices and I'm tickled with my chicks. I don't see why people have to lie, cheat and steal in this business and I'm angry that this happened to you. Best wishes going foward.

I'm so sorry! :hugs
I hope you can get a good resolution to this situation.
I recently bought 15 beautiful lavender EE from a lady in Alabama, 400 miles from me (road trip!) but she was completely transparent about the fact that the sire is an EE, two of the dams are Ameraucana and two are EE, all lavender, some lightly barred, and her prices were EE prices. I can't afford Araucana or Ameraucana prices and I'm tickled with my chicks. I don't see why people have to lie, cheat and steal in this business and I'm angry that this happened to you. Best wishes going foward.
Thank you so much for saying this! I really appreciate it. Full story is here:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...with-this-true-bantam-ameraucanas-😡🥺.1631034/

Btw- things like that should be transparent. You don't charge high prices for birds that are not what you say they are! Period. I would totally fine with Easter eggers, had that been what I was buying and the price reflected that. That is not what happened. By a long shot. 😞

Back
Top Bottom