Any Home Bakers Here?

This is what we got but I can't tell you they are "the best". No way to know! I like the cloth masks that go over the ears better than this type with 2 bands that go over your head. But I will say that there is less glasses fogging with these.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08NVDFB3R

I guess they haven't heard of omicron yet.

I'm pretty sure I can't get there before it is gone :(
It’s ok Bruce it wasn’t that good. I used canned cherry pie filling so it was “meh”. Tried a new crust recipe.

This is what we got but I can't tell you they are "the best". No way to know! I like the cloth masks that go over the ears better than this type with 2 bands that go over your head. But I will say that there is less glasses fogging with these.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08NVDFB3R

I guess they haven't heard of omicron yet.

Thanks for the Amazon link. I’ll have to get some of those masks for my experiment.

Jared

Still a cold spell here. Winter weather advisory with the wind chill. It should end Tuesday.

Until then….

View attachment 2948921

Indoor playtime with Sophie!

I tell you, she and I have a special bond. She sticks around me when I let her out to play and exercise. She only lets me pick her up.

By the way, my mother LOVES the Escoffier book I got her!
Sophie is beautiful! :love

Hello bakers :frow

I've just ordered a pizza stone now I need the easiest recipe for a pizza base. Which flour is the best?

I've recently got into pizza and have been buying the good fellas mixed cheese stone baked. I've read that @penny1960 has been making her own and really must try too make one :drool
It is so Simple to make to make your own and love adding different things and sourdough, yeast. Even just eggs.
Not too hot of water 90 to 110 .. I let it rest for just 15 minutes.. 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour, 3 cups water.
Do not forget a bit of salt, sugar and Olive oil.

@jnicholes Do you remember what kind of face mask you used in your previous experiment?
Off topic:

I did a science experiment to see how effective face masks are at blocking bacteria. I sneezed into a petri dish with a mask on, and sneezed into one without a mask on.

The results were interesting after a week.View attachment 2891137

This is a sneeze with a face mask on. Only one bacterial colony after 1 week of growth.

View attachment 2891136

This is a sneeze without a mask on in the same amount of time. See all those tiny white dots? That’s bacteria.

Face masks may be annoying, and we may not like wearing them, but they sure do block bacteria and viruses well!
Also, search for the Duke University study on Face masks from 8-2020. It is interesting.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom