Any Home Bakers Here?

Hi bakers dozen (or perhaps many many more who frequent the thread!) I haven't visited in some time. I recently got into wanting to try my hand at bread making, and after learning more I finally made my first successful bread using this "bread in a bag" recipe - the times I tried in the past, none of the recipes told me about making sure the water temperature was correct for the yeast!

I currently have one bread in a bag recipe in the oven, and one no-knead dutch oven bread dough in an area to sit overnight.

I have bookmarked the BYC baker thread list to recipes. My questions are:
- Not on the list, what is your favorite bread recipe?
- Any options or recipes for healthier bread that is perhaps multigrain (again maybe an option well tried that is not on the list?)
- Any tips for handling very sticky dough? I am about to buy some dough scrapes tomorrow if I can find them. I know not to add a bunch of flour- another mistake I made once with a dough.

Thanks kindly!

Hi bakers dozen (or perhaps many many more who frequent the thread!) I haven't visited in some time. I recently got into wanting to try my hand at bread making, and after learning more I finally made my first successful bread using this "bread in a bag" recipe - the times I tried in the past, none of the recipes told me about making sure the water temperature was correct for the yeast!

I currently have one bread in a bag recipe in the oven, and one no-knead dutch oven bread dough in an area to sit overnight.

I have bookmarked the BYC baker thread list to recipes. My questions are:
- Not on the list, what is your favorite bread recipe?
- Any options or recipes for healthier bread that is perhaps multigrain (again maybe an option well tried that is not on the list?)
- Any tips for handling very sticky dough? I am about to buy some dough scrapes tomorrow if I can find them. I know not to add a bunch of flour- another mistake I made once with a dough.

Thanks kindly!
There are a lot of bread recipes in the index for the thread! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...EuD0gLksKLwQEH6LgpzmJNN4Q/edit#gid=1619591951

thanks for the recipe

YIELDS: 2
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 20 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR 20 MINS

INGREDIENTS
Cooking spray, for mini loaf pans
3 c. all-purpose flour, divided
1/4 c. sugar
1 .25-package active dry yeast
1 c. warm water
3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
2 tsp. kosher salt

DIRECTIONS
  1. Preheat oven to 375Āŗ and spray mini loaf pans with cooking spray. In a resealable plastic bag, place 1 cup flour, sugar, and yeast and add warm water.
  2. Seal bag and squish together with your hands to mix. Let rest 10 minutes at room temperature. (Yeast should activate.) Add 1 cup flour, oil, and salt to the bag, then seal and squish together.
  3. Add remaining cup of flour and mix until combined. Remove from bag and knead 5 minutes until smooth. Halve dough and place in two loaf pans. Cover with a kitchen towel and let rise 30 minutes.
  4. Brush top of bread with olive oil or melted butter and bake until golden, about 30 minutes.
HomesteaderWife's Notes: I had a full loaf pan and instead of using two mini pans, so I used the larger pan and left in for slightly longer. If you are using a gas oven, keep an eye on it closer to finish time in the oven. A very nice recipe to pair with soup!

@ronott1 or @N F C - for whoever may be able to add to recipe document?

INGREDIENTS
1/4 c. sugar
1 c. warm water
2 tsp. kosher salt

DIRECTIONS
  1. Preheat oven to 375Āŗ and spray mini loaf pans with cooking spray. In a resealable plastic bag, place 1 cup flour, sugar, and yeast and add warm water.
  2. Seal bag and squish together with your hands to mix. Let rest 10 minutes at room temperature. (Yeast should activate.) Add 1 cup flour, oil, and salt to the bag, then seal and squish together.
  3. Add remaining cup of flour and mix until combined. Remove from bag and knead 5 minutes until smooth. Halve dough and place in two loaf pans. Cover with a kitchen towel and let rise 30 minutes.
  4. Brush top of bread with olive oil or melted butter and bake until golden, about 30 minutes.
HomesteaderWife's Notes: I had a full loaf pan and instead of using two mini pans, so I used the larger pan and left in for slightly longer. If you are using a gas oven, keep an eye on it closer to finish time in the oven. A very nice recipe to pair with soup!

The recipe has been added!

5BAA34BF-CFF1-4620-8B8C-76474FFD9E81.jpeg

Someone likes the pool table, well, the underside at least.

INGREDIENTS
1/4 c. sugar
1 c. warm water
2 tsp. kosher salt

DIRECTIONS

Sounds heavenly!

I wish I could report positively about bread staying fresh longer with the use of a tangzhong. Sadly, I cannot make such a report ... because, of the three loaves Iā€™ve tried this technique with, none has lasted more than three days. *sigh*
Slice it when thoroughly cooled (I prefer overnight), freeze it, then remove only what you need and toast it. That's the way I extend the "shelf life" of my fresh home-baked loaves.

Back
Top Bottom