Any Home Bakers Here?

I made my favorite cookie recipe yesterday. Love this this recipe for a few reasons...it makes a TON of cookies, they are delicious and the recipe came from my sister before she passed away 13 years ago. Because it makes such a huge amount of dough, I usually just make a 1/2 batch. Here it is:

Becky's Monster Cookies
(1/2 batch)

6 eggs
1/2 lb butter
1 1/2 lb peanut butter
1 lb brown sugar
2 C white sugar
4 tsp baking soda
1 Tab vanilla extract
9 C oatmeal
1 bag M&M's
1 bag chocolate or white chocolate chips

Cream eggs & butter in large mixer bowl. Mix in remaining ingredients. Bake at 325 degrees about 14 minutes (don't over-bake, these are supposed to be chewy).

This is very easy, especially with a stand mixer because handling this much dough can wear you out mixing by hand. And because it makes so many cookies, it's great for cookie swaps, school bake sales, etc. You can bake what you want and freeze the remaining dough.

Just a heads up, if you want to make a full batch (2x the ingredients given), you will need a bowl about the size of a small bathtub, lol.

Hope you enjoy!
I just made these yesterday after reading this thread, and they are super delicious! :droolI just wanted to confirm theres not meant to be any flour in the recipe? Cookies are very big and flat, not sure if intentional or I missed something somewhere

I just made these yesterday after reading this thread, and they are super delicious! :droolI just wanted to confirm theres not meant to be any flour in the recipe? Cookies are very big and flat, not sure if intentional or I missed something somewhere

No flour involved! If you want puffier cookies, try chilling the dough before baking (they won't spread so much).

Rhubarb pie
20240604_120747.jpg

You just gave me an idea for an experiment.

I wonder if it’s possible to put a pie tin inside a cast iron Dutch oven and bake a nice looking pie with just coals for heat. I suppose it’s worth a shot. I just need to do research first.

Still, that’s an awesome looking pie. I’m might as well try making a rhubarb pie myself.

Back
Top Bottom