Any Home Bakers Here?

Forgot to post the photo of the finished recipe yesterday.

View attachment 3873649

Devils tooth cheesecake. It tastes really good.
Jared, Looks good. When I taught College....I would dicourage
students from drinking SODA...I told them it was "The Devil's
Urine". This is the first time I have heard te Devils tooth cheescake. NEAT. Aria

Forgot to post the photo of the finished recipe yesterday.

View attachment 3873649

Devils tooth cheesecake. It tastes really good.
Do you have a portion of it on a plate to show us?? Did it bake all the way thru?? and by all means share the recipe.. I will give it a test drive,,,, but in the home oven.

Do you have a portion of it on a plate to show us?? Did it bake all the way thru?? and by all means share the recipe.. I will give it a test drive,,,, but in the home oven.

I’m waiting for my mom at the dentist right now, so as soon as I get home, I will post the picture and the recipe that you requested.

IMG_3604.jpeg

Poor girls were scared of a major thunderstorm we just had.

@cavemanrich

Here is the recipe. Keep in mind it is specifically for cast-iron Dutch oven. It’s meant to be cooked over hot briquettes. If you can find a way to adapt it for a regular oven, that’s great.

Devil’s tooth cheesecake

Ingredients

Half a cube melted butter.
One package chocolate cookie wafers, crushed finely.
Two 8 ounce packages cream cheese.
1 cup sugar
16 ounces ricotta.
Six eggs
1/2 cup sour cream.
1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract.
1 1/2teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup whipping cream.

Mixed butter and crumbs and press into a 10 inch Dutch oven.

Mixed cream cheese, sugar, ricotta, eggs, and sour cream until smooth. Melt the chocolate chips, butter, and whipping cream over low heat until smooth. Add the almond extract. Pour 1/3 of a white mixture into the chocolate mixture. Mix well. Pour this into crust. Add vanilla to remaining white mixture and carefully pour this over the chocolate layer already in the Dutch oven.

Put the Dutch oven over briquettes, with a majority on the lid. I used 16 briquettes when the outside temperature was 92°F to reach 350°F, Five on the bottom, the rest on top. Make sure that when the briquettes are spent, you replace them with fresh ones, which should happen after about 45 minutes.

Bake at 350F for about one hour and 30 minutes, or until the top cracks and is firm.

Note: You can eat this fresh and warm, but it tastes a lot better in my opinion if you let it cool overnight.

Picture you requested:

IMG_3600.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom