Any Home Bakers Here?

Sounds like your weather may be getting better.
Not sure...that has been the pattern so far. SO CHANGING.
I BAKED SOURDOUGH MULTIGRAIN SEEDED TODAY. I suppose
I should not complain...I use the same recipe and they all look
the same. ha ha

Attachments

• 20230802_131745.jpeg
    20230802_131745.jpeg
    298.3 KB · Views: 3
I have an interesting baking story today.

A long time ago, when I very young and lived in north Idaho, I used to go to the Kootenai county fair. Every time I went, I would get my parents to get me one piece of carnival food called an elephant ear. I loved those things.

Today, I was doing some research and I actually found the recipe. I decided to try it out.

After making it and trying it out, a flood of memories came back to me. All the memories I had of eating elephant ears at the fair just made me very happy.

Here is a picture and the recipe.

IMG_3626.jpeg

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/20989/elephant-ears/

A long time ago, when I very young and lived in north Idaho, I used to go to the Kootenai county fair. Every time I went, I would get my parents to get me one piece of carnival food called an elephant ear. I loved those things.

Today, I was doing some research and I actually found the recipe. I decided to try it out.

After making it and trying it out, a flood of memories came back to me. All the memories I had of eating elephant ears at the fair just made me very happy.

View attachment 3877014

Jared, WOW...I always loved them. My Mom made them. She
called our Fried Dough. Thanks for the recipe. Will be making them. Remind me of my childhood. Aria

View attachment 3877014

View attachment 3877014

Jared, My Mom made these....she called it Fried Dough. Thank
you for posting recipe. I will be making. Aria

Hi guys! I recently started baking and then had to take a break because I went back to work and have two small children so time is limited haha buuuuut I love to make sourdough! I think I’ll make a new starter today! This was my last loaf 😍
That’s a real beauty! I learned to make sourdough by watching YouTube videos during the pandemic and I used a recipe from a baker here to make my starter. You are welcome to post pictures, ask questions or offer advice if someone needs it!

That’s a real beauty! I learned to make sourdough by watching YouTube videos during the pandemic and I used a recipe from a baker here to make my starter. You are welcome to post pictures, ask questions or offer advice if someone needs it!
Thank you! I learned from Pinterest 😅 I had a few not so great loaves in the beginning which I heard is common and I almost gave up but I didn’t!

Back
Top Bottom