Any writers out there?

Oh and I write anecdotal short stories as well. stories about life in the desert Animals I have or have had. Bug on the wall in the pub stuff. Mostly funny some Very abstract. Points of view stuff.

I dabble in a bit of Poetry and Prose and the occasional Haiku. The latter is Very challenging and I have only written a few.

All my original manuscripts are in a storage container on my property and havent been looked at in more than thirty years now. I suppose they are Toast. Sigh.

deb

I dabbled in 'soft' sci-fi back in the day, but nowadays I just find myself more drawn to fantasy of various flavors. Thought I suppose there is a lot of overlap between sci-fi and fantasy in general!

I'm considered an essential worker, so my day-to-day business hasn't been affected too much by the Plague. I'm also rather introverted so staying home by myself is nothing new :p. I'm someone who would not fare well were I to catch it though, and I have family members in the same boat, so generally speaking I'm not very happy about the entire situation. At least writing's not a very social activity :p.

Can you believe it’s been over a year?? A lot’s happened since I started this threat. Most of which hasn’t been good for me. What about you? What have you beautiful people been up to?

Personally. A metric crap-tonne of self "repair"......
Outside? To much to list here.
The muse has shown up several times.... Some times I got to paper in time. Some times I got the Digi notepad in time. Some times I was to slow.
Has this corona stuff impeded anything or has it given you time to really focus on anything?

Has this corona stuff impeded anything or has it given you time to really focus on anything?
Hah! Yes & no.....
As an example of "no" 1st: we have many dogs -all rescues- and as such this last couple years have been the transition to *geriatric stage of life for a few of our dogs*...... Last year we had to put one to sleep as his system started to rapidly shutdown. He was 11+ & had a hard life before us. Now we have 2 dogs effectively in "hospice care" for the last 8-12 months. Both 11-12+ years old and have serious medical stuff that when they loose the "joy of living in the now" our vet let me know she'll be there for us.

As for the yes. An example:
In VA therapy for PTSD and other stuff. The covid-19-mare has put a 'pause' to some of it for over 3 months now but, at least it's not a bad deal "for me yet."

Hah! Yes & no.....
As an example of "no" 1st: we have many dogs -all rescues- and as such this last couple years have been the transition to *geriatric stage of life for a few of our dogs*...... Last year we had to put one to sleep as his system started to rapidly shutdown. He was 11+ & had a hard life before us. Now we have 2 dogs effectively in "hospice care" for the last 8-12 months. Both 11-12+ years old and have serious medical stuff that when they loose the "joy of living in the now" our vet let me know she'll be there for us.

As for the yes. An example:
In VA therapy for PTSD and other stuff. The covid-19-mare has put a 'pause' to some of it for over 3 months now but, at least it's not a bad deal "for me yet."
I’m so sorry about your pups. I know it’s their time but it’s still sad to lose your friends. I just lost my rescue in April to my jerk neighbor. He was nine years old. I’d had him since I was seven. Ugh broke my heart. I’m still incredibly heartbroken but my mom let me get a puppy since our other dog was getting lonely. I hope things chill out for you so you can get back into your routine again.

I’m so sorry about your pups. I know it’s their time but it’s still sad to lose your friends. I just lost my rescue in April to my jerk neighbor. He was nine years old. I’d had him since I was seven. Ugh broke my heart. I’m still incredibly heartbroken but my mom let me get a puppy since our other dog was getting lonely. I hope things chill out for you so you can get back into your routine again.
I feel your pain kiddo. It is far from easy when you have to put your dogs to sleep.

So like...does anyone like to draw their characters that you’re working with or in my case attempt to draw the incredibly specific image I have in my head only to fail miserably and ruin the rest of my day?

Back
Top Bottom