Anyone in WV???

We live in Valley Grove WV (near Wheeling), there is 15 red robin girls left from our original 27. It was a rough 3 weeks after Christmas. I have no idea what killed my girls. It was not a predator although I've had my fair share of that problem over the few years I've been raising chickens. I just had a dozen or so get sick and die. I honestly have no idea what it was, they would start acting funny and then just die. One at a time, it was kind of bizarre. I wormed them and gave them an antibiotic that I got at Southern States.

We live in Valley Grove WV (near Wheeling), there is 15 red robin girls left from our original 27. It was a rough 3 weeks after Christmas. I have no idea what killed my girls. It was not a predator although I've had my fair share of that problem over the few years I've been raising chickens. I just had a dozen or so get sick and die. I honestly have no idea what it was, they would start acting funny and then just die. One at a time, it was kind of bizarre. I wormed them and gave them an antibiotic that I got at Southern States.

How are they doing now? So sorry for your losses
hugs.gif
. How old were they when they fell ill?

I think I am still in the wrong spot on the WV map...I am #9, and the zip code should be 26180.

MC3742, so sorry to hear about your flock loss:(

I have not heard of Red Robin Chickens, but when I tried to google Red Robin Chicken, all I came up with was the restaurant chain's chicken sandwiches.

I think I am still in the wrong spot on the WV map...I am #9, and the zip code should be 26180.

MC3742, so sorry to hear about your flock loss:(

I have not heard of Red Robin Chickens, but when I tried to google Red Robin Chicken, all I came up with was the restaurant chain's chicken sandwiches.

Sorry, the map insisted you were in Freeport lol. I forced it to take Walker, is it showing the marker correctly now? Maybe there is buried treasure with your name on it in Freeport and the map was trying to take you to it.
lau.gif

I've never heard of Red Robin chickens before either, but it seems every day I learn of a new breed.

They are fine now, it's been over a month since I lost any. I meant to say that they are Rhode Island Reds, I get Red Robin stuck in my head from those commercials for the restaraunt. I did not mention in my original post that all of the ones that died I had gotten from another flock 2 months or so before they died. Thanks for your concern.

Sorry, the map insisted you were in Freeport lol. I forced it to take Walker, is it showing the marker correctly now? Maybe there is buried treasure with your name on it in Freeport and the map was trying to take you to it.
lau.gif

I've never heard of Red Robin chickens before either, but it seems every day I learn of a new breed.
Thanks...I am now Home Sweet Home
highfive.gif
Even when I was supposed to be in Freeport, I was still finding myself in Lost River, no matter how many times I reloaded the page. Thanks for bearing with me...it is good to be home...and now, for a rendition of the Hazel Dickens favorite "West Virginia, My Home", performed by Trapezoid on their album, "Three Forks of Cheat":

Thanks...I am now Home Sweet Home
highfive.gif
Even when I was supposed to be in Freeport, I was still finding myself in Lost River, no matter how many times I reloaded the page. Thanks for bearing with me...it is good to be home...and now, for a rendition of the Hazel Dickens favorite "West Virginia, My Home", performed by Trapezoid on their album, "Three Forks of Cheat":

LOVE THE SONG
hugs.gif
clap.gif
And thank you for bearing with me. I'm so glad you have been taken home, hope the unpacking is finished and you can kick your feet up.
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom