Arizona Chickens

In my opion, your organic :woot

Really who need's all that extra junk anyway.. Sometimes I wonder why people add that caca to our food

I'm with you on this point! And this is really the reason why I wanted to have a garden and at least my own poultry. "Organic" is a really simple concept and term that has been manipulated by the government and special interest groups representing big chemical companies to make it nearly impossible to legally obtain. In reality though, it's luckily pretty darn easy to be organic. ;)
....I agree

I am in the market for some [COLOR=FF0000]pullets laying dark brown/chocolate-colored eggs.[/COLOR]

I bought a pair of Cuckoo Marans from McMurray's Hatchery, but they lay brown eggs. We live in the East Valley.

Please message me if you have a Copper Maran (or other bird) for sale. A picture of the eggs she lays would also be appreciated. The darker, the better!

Our birds free range from sun-up to sun-down on our acre, are given natural feed, and enjoy hanging out by the mister on hot, summer days. They are spoiled and will go to a good home. Thank you!

Get on @desertmarcy list, her egg's are as dark as I have seen.. She is in Marana on the way to Tucson.. However there might be someone local, I don't knw off the top of my head..

I don't think so. It's the leg. You can tell it's swollen. Was just fine yesterday. There are no sores on the bottom of the foot. The area is really dry, no standing water at all.

Do you have a hospital area for you bird's ? Keeping her separated would be best, she might just need some rest.. Having her food & H2o clsoe by & rest might do her some good. ACV in her water a well.. Keep us posted :hugs

I am in the market for some [COLOR=FF0000]pullets laying dark brown/chocolate-colored eggs.[/COLOR]

I bought a pair of Cuckoo Marans from McMurray's Hatchery, but they lay brown eggs. We live in the East Valley.

Please message me if you have a Copper Maran (or other bird) for sale. A picture of the eggs she lays would also be appreciated. The darker, the better!

Our birds free range from sun-up to sun-down on our acre, are given natural feed, and enjoy hanging out by the mister on hot, summer days. They are spoiled and will go to a good home. Thank you!

Get on @desertmarcy list, her egg's are as dark as I have seen.. She is in Marana on the way to Tucson.. However there might be someone local, I don't knw off the top of my head..

Yes, I got my Black Copper Marans from her and they lay pretty dark egg
, mine are about a 4 and 5 on the darkness scale I believe, of the chocolate brown coloring. She has sold laying pullets in the past.

I don't think so. It's the leg. You can tell it's swollen. Was just fine yesterday. There are no sores on the bottom of the foot. The area is really dry, no standing water at all.

Do you have a hospital area for you bird's ? Keeping her separated would be best, she might just need some rest.. Having her food & H2o clsoe by & rest might do her some good. ACV in her water a well.. Keep us posted :hugs

X2
I wondered if you gave her leg A soak in warm epson salt water to see if it might not help with the swelling and help her to feel a little bit better. I would also add a little bit of probiotics to her drinking water or give her a little bit of yogurt with some of her feed. But that's just what I would do. How she starts feeling better.
I can't help but to wonder if maybe she got bit by something to cause the swelling also.

X2
I wondered if you gave her leg A soak in warm epson salt water to see if it might not help with the swelling and help her to feel a little bit better. I would also add a little bit of probiotics to her drinking water or give her a little bit of yogurt with some of her feed. But that's just what I would do. How she starts feeling better.
I can't help but to wonder if maybe she got bit by something to cause the swelling also.
I didn't think about a bite, but I bet that is it. Whe is more active today, but still hopping around one 1 foot.

What breed of duck are they?? Keep us posted on your hatch!!
I don't know. I have been wondering if anybody had any insights into what breed they looked like. I picked up the eggs from a local duck pond that never has any ducklings there but lots of eggs. I made an incubator from an old dehydrator for about 10 bucks (cost of a thermometer) and set them. Out of the 3 that I set 2 of them hatched but I basically had to pull them from the shells due to the lack of humidity, got to get that under control. It's amazing how much they grow in just a week. My week old is so much bigger! My last one hatched on Friday (Peavy) and is now chasing around my week and a half duckling (Kicker). They are super cute and pure energy!

Any good BCM breeders in Phx area

there are none that I know of, just in the Tucson area. @desertmarcyis the only one I know of.
1 gal Queen Creek off of Craigslist but I wouldn't trust that she is a breeder at all and we got chickens that weren't of quality standards those of us that bought from her.

Thank you for taking the time to reply! This is such a great site.
1f423.png

Back
Top Bottom