Arizona Chickens

They promised us rain today but nothing came. It's 110 right now.

Just did another ice run to the coop, blocks of ice with frozen treats and ice refills for the waterers. The wind pulled down part of a tarp and one of the waterers was in full sun. Fixed that and adjusted the fan to make sure it's moving hot air out of the coop.

While I was out there I realized I need waterproof extension cord covers for the fan and the camera cords. I hadn't thought of that. So I'm a little glad the rain hasn't come yet.

Most of the flock are panting, some are holding out their wings slightly but they're all bright-eyed and alert and moving around normally. 🥰 I don't know how they do it. I can't stand to be out there more than a few minutes!

How are everyone's flocks doing?

While I was out there I realized I need waterproof extension cord covers for the fan and the camera cords.
During winter, and snow, and for Christmas Lights,,,, I place the extension cord connections into plastic Zip-lock baggies. I secure the baggie to cord with additional rubber bands. I also have the cords plugged into a GFCI outlet. Never had a tripped situation since I used the baggies.

Yeah. Yesterday was worse than today.
One of our water buckets was really hot despite me adding ice jugs to it twice (around 11am & 2pm). When I removed the last melted jug, this was the water temperature in photo (110.8). :eek:
Thankfully the other bucket's water was cooler.
I even laid out one frozen jug in the shade for our outdoor cat. Caught him laying his legs over it.

Attachments

• PXL_20240622_020938287.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240622_020938287.MP.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom