Arizona Chickens

Quote:
@Sill had some good points. It depends a lot on the type of vine, how fast you want it to cover, how much you want to be trimming it, the soil in which it is planted and the watering regime. My biggest concern would be with access from the outside to the top of the run in the center, especially with any fruiting vine. While a passion fruit or grape vine would be wonderful for coverage, there would be the issue of getting the fruits off the top where it would be difficult to reach. You would also have the added issue of vine removal in the winter with something like a grape vine, which needs to be pruned back after the first frost. They have tendrils that grasp on and it would be difficult to pull the vines off. I would think more about a perennial vine that does does not produce fruit, something like cat's claw, tangerine crossvine or Cecil Brunner Rose. Very nice start to your chicken enclosure!

Okay an important update. I bought Cemani eggs from two different sellers on ebay and was sent the wrong or fake eggs twice. I should have suspected something was fishy when the same barnyard mix hatched both times instead of the Black Chicks I was susposed to get. WRONG WRONG it turns out that the sellers are not the sellers But a seller with multiple accounts. Here are two of the accounts I know of staych221 and purce-4jjxca

:welcome  and welcome to our thread!  I also have a block wall around our property and the only time we ever had a bird go over the wall was when they were chased by coyotes.  I have heavier LF birds so that definitely helps keep them inside the wall.  It's super easy to clip their wings if you feel that you it's needed.  Congratulations on getting your new birds!  What breeds are you getting?

I'm picking up my easter egger and rhode island red the 14th and then 2 orpintons on the 21st. From what I've read they are all fairly docile and friendly and decent producers. I have kids so having friendly pets is more of a priority. I would hate to have them afraid of my kids or my kids afraid of them.

Okay an important update. I bought Cemani eggs from two different sellers on ebay and was sent the wrong or fake eggs twice. I should have suspected something was fishy when the same barnyard mix hatched both times instead of the Black Chicks I was susposed to get. WRONG  WRONG it turns out that the sellers are not the sellers But a seller with multiple accounts. Here are two of the accounts I know of staych221 and purce-4jjxca 

So how did you find that out? Inquiring minds need to know. The eggs I bought are on Day 3.

So how did you find that out? Inquiring minds need to know. The eggs I bought are on Day 3.
I sent the chicks back and then got a nasty email from the same seller saying the chicks all died. They claim the other account is from their brother Lier's cheats and thieves I will be getting ebay involved in this

Back
Top Bottom