Arkansas folks speak up.........

Turns out the goat is like 7/8 Nubian and 1/8 alpine. That I'll believe! The sheep are mixed breed hair sheep. We bought a flock of 15, 7 of which are males. I think its 5 rams and 2 wethers. They will be going to tthe sale or to freezer camp. I think they are bred this year. I'm hoping to talk DH into a full or high percentage Dorper ram for next year.

Quote:
i have heard that Dorpers where real good... i would like to have a small flock of 2 or 3 registerd rare breeds of sheep but alas thay cost more money than i have right now
sad.png

i got 4 ews that had not been sheared in 2 years and after i sheared them 2 where weathers
sad.png
so will be eating them this winter... i would like to get more but im kinda focising on my chickens and Quail this year...

I'm sorry Elias, but that is so funny....two ewes that were wethers. can't help but laugh. Hey, anybody out there in arkansaslandia have one or 2 gamble quail males?

Have to agree with Jen. Would have loved to see the look on your face when you discovered the two gals were guys! Where did you get the sheep? Look on the bright side, at least two are girls!

My wife wonderedif the folks who sold them did it by accident or on purpose. Can you get a refund? The value for a breeding ewe is more than a wether.

Quote:
I really didn't think $5.50 was all that well. But thought I would check the ebay auction out. I am in shock! At present the auction is at $34.33 with 2d 02h left! What is the deal? I have won a few shows. Birds look nice. Guess folks are just wanting Buckeyes! Here is a link if anyone wants to watch the auction. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160487123007

I
should have mentioned, I looked at the auction last night late and it was $5.50. Then seen Har's message in my inbox and went to ebay. Still in shock!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom