Arkansas folks speak up.........

Hello from West Fork(from Fayetteville), I'm new to the group. My Husband surprised me with 12 baby chicks about 2 weeks ago, so trying to learn all I can. Joined BYC yesterday & was directed to this link. I'm sure I'll be asking a lot of questions!

Welcome!!!' There are lots of experienced chicken folk here. Just ask away

Hello from West Fork(from Fayetteville), I'm new to the group. My Husband surprised me with 12 baby chicks about 2 weeks ago, so trying to learn all I can. Joined BYC yesterday & was directed to this link. I'm sure I'll be asking a lot of questions!

Hello! We are practically neighbors! I'm across the highway! Wish your hubby had waited a couple of more weeks. I have a brooder full of Ameraucana chicks for sale now. Cutest little fluffy puffballs I've ever seen.

Welcome!
Lowell here!

Welcome from east of Springdale!!

@kris86AR - Thank you, I definitely appreciate any & all assistance, haha
@Puddin Fluff - Thank you, I will take any & all advice!
@MrsBachbach - Hello neighbor! Darn it, but it was a total whim on his part on buying the chicks. He had gone to the Co-op in Fayetteville & made the mistake of having our 9 yr old Daughter with him,lol @Greg88 - thank you & Hello!
@TerryH - thank you, glad to see several people in NWA!

My daughter's sweet, flighty little Japanese Bantam "Prissy" is about to get another name...

Went out to gather eggs and the little snot was on three. This is her first time ever being broody and with my other two that went broody, they left the nest if I reached under them. Normally if she is laying an egg, she'll scurry off of the nest and run if I approach. Oh no, not this time. That little ball of feathers fluffed out and gave a full-out-deep-throated-exorcist growl. I waved at her, trying to get her off and the little demon chicken attacked me. She drew blood right in the tender area between my fingers. I'm about to start calling her Pazuzu.

On a final note...I let her keep the three eggs after I had to pin her down with a garden trowel so I could take them and mark them with the date.

You can see the broody rage in her eyes.....

Last edited:
My daughter's sweet, flighty little Japanese Bantam "Prissy" is about to get another name...

Went out to gather eggs and the little snot was on three. This is her first time ever being broody and with my other two that went broody, they left the nest if I reached under them. Normally if she is laying an egg, she'll scurry off of the nest and run if I approach. Oh no, not this time. That little ball of feathers fluffed out and gave a full-out-deep-throated-exorcist growl. I waved at her, trying to get her off and the little demon chicken attacked me. She drew blood right in the tender area between my fingers. I'm about to start calling her Pazuzu.

On a final note...I let her keep the three eggs after I had to pin her down with a garden trowel so I could take them and mark them with the date.

You can see the broody rage in her eyes.....

LOL,
some of them get downright protective!

Wish one of mine would decide to go broody on us! Haven't had the chance to watch a momma hatch/raise her own yet.
2764.png

My broody girl is fine with me, sort of. She growls and puffs a bit but she will let me handle the chicks. However, my teenaged daughter decided she wanted to see the fluffy butts today and mama went all kinds of crazy on her and wouldn't let her get close.

I found it amusing!

Back
Top Bottom